ISO 9001:2015 Audit checklist + scores for evaluation

lupenquarto

Registered
Hello everybody, i need to create my checklist for audit based on ISO 9001:2015 and i need your help to find some templeate to use includes the scores.
Last question, can i use this template for internal audit and also for external (suppliers)

Thank you

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Welcome lupenquarto!

We have always advised against "canned" checklists because they can be so limiting. I have never seen one that is easy to use effectively. One spends too much time reading the questions instead of exploring the process. Besides, in most processes we will find multiple clauses that are relevant so a canned checklist with the standard clauses laid out in order is not helpful.

We also discourage scoring because the decision on what score to give can be so subjective and the audit is just a "snapshot" of the process.

Are you new to the standard? If so, I can recommend the book ISO 9001:2015 in Plain English. In my view it helps explain the standard very well.

Are you new at auditing? If so, I can recommend the book Internal Auditing in Plain English.

The object for auditors is to understand the standard, understand the processes being reviewed and understand the process of auditing, including how to effectively do interviews and reports. For processes I use the modified turtle diagram that is included in my Risk-Based Audit Manager package, found in the thread Developing a ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit Plan and Schedule. The Turtle allows me to keep my evidence in the same place on the page with each process, for simple access when taking my sample to a centralized control process like calibration, maintenance, document control and HR. I have used very successfully it in hundreds of audits.

I hope this helps.

Randy

Super Moderator
Hello everybody, i need to create my checklist for audit based on ISO 9001:2015 and i need your help to find some templeate to use includes the scores.
Last question, can i use this template for internal audit and also for external (suppliers)

Thank you
You've got a checklist in hand if you have a copy of 9001. Scores are totally useless without substance, don't waste your time and your employers money. You are either doing what's required or you aren't.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
For internal audit purposes, I think a check list can be helpful. Allows you as the auditor to focus on the "big stuff" instead of chasing rabbits down a hole. However, you need to develop the checklist yourself, based on your processes. Once you have it, then you can update/modify it for each audit as needed. A canned template won't be effective. Good luck.

Randy

Super Moderator
For internal audit purposes, I think a check list can be helpful.
"CAN" is the operative word. I see way too many internal audits that are a regurgitation of the last one making sure there is a policy and a procedure for whatever without ever looking into the procedure itself.........Saw it today for 2 standards, one of the most awful messes I've seen in a while (new client transferred to us in Jan '23).....My other 2 teammates agreed. And yes, there were NC's issued (minor).

Top Bottom