ISO 9001:2015 Clause 8.5.1 Control of Production and service provision - Help with Work Instruction Access

M

malasuerte

As you said, you can't create your own interpretation, but you did.

Work instructions are not mentioned in ISO 9001:2015. Not in 8.5.1 or anywhere else.

Work instructions were part of ISO 9001:2008/2000 in 7.5.1 b, but that standard is obsolete!

ISO 9001:2008 7.5.1 b "the availability of work instructions, as necessary"

I repeat, work instructions are not included in ISO 9001:2015. The nonconformances written for that are bogus! Or at least unless the organizations own documents require them.

I agree with you.

I don't think I made an "interpretation" but rather an assumption. I wrote, "as stated, it is a valid NC". I assumed, if you had a work instruction (put all that effort into writing it and training to it), that it would be something required by the organization and people need access to them. And since they didn't have access, it is a NC. Just B&W was my thought process.

I will admit, I am a bit skewed, because we also have IATF to deal with and the specific requirement is in that standard.

Nonetheless, if not needed, then there is no issue.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
FWIW, if one of the root causes is IT shutting off access during upgrades...it makes me wonder what else folks lose access to.
Seems like a "system upgrade to do list" may be in order to verify better that IT work does not disrupt necessary processes.

Seems, too, like the WI of your post may be unnecessary, but that's already been covered.

When I was head of IT, I had a list of employees (based on access privileges) to check with to verify appropriate access when we did server or dbase upgrades or changes to make sure we didn't shut anything down.

M

malasuerte

How do you do things for your IATF parts?

Do you have different Audit checklists for IATF and non-IATF?

It's a bit complex, but yes we do. The primary reason is we have some locations that are for the automotive product, while other sites do not run any automotive products. So when we go to a non-auto site, we only work with ISO9k.

Top Bottom