ISO 9001:2015 Draft - Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: ISO 9001:2015 Draft

TC 176 Sub Committee 2 has created a working group (WG 24) to do this work and are just coming to the end of their second meeting in St Petersburg. The first preliminary draft was a proof of concept of the new high level text (Annex SL) - basically a cut and paste of the current (2008) text into the new format. The working group will produce a first working draft at the end of this week but (as has been mentioned before) all ISO drafts are covered by copyright and early drafts are not circulated because they are quite rough to start with. When there are some ideas about how the standard may look I'll post here to gain some views but it will be my assessment of what it might look like - so as not to breach copyright or interefere with the ISO process. :nope:

The above is a bit dated, but thought it worth repeating to remind everyone here about the Annex SL aspect.

And as a general FYI:

I don't know how long these links will last, but:

ISO TC/176/SC2 Home Page (Already has a bunch of dead links on it :notme: )

IRCA ISO 9001:2015 Timeline of support

ISo_Org - ISO/DIS 9001

Last edited:

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
You may want to get a grip of the author of this piece of misinformation:

***DEAD LINK REMOVED***

Best regards,

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

qualityboi

Note that the vote to proceed to FDIS was 79% in favor. With dissenting votes from US, Canada, Japan and other western countries....Anyone know why the US dissented? (too busy making war? :lol:)

Source Omnex Navigator Winter 2015 edition Changes:

• 4.1 Understanding the Organization and
its Context – New.

• 4.2 Understanding the Needs and
Expectations of Interested Parties - New.

• 4.3 Scope - removal of exclusions.

• 5.1 Leadership and Its Commitment - tying
together quality policy and objectives
with strategic direction and context of
organization.

• 6.1 Actions to Address Risks and
Opportunities - running change and
addition of risk in multiple locations.

• 6.2 Quality Objectives and Planning to
Achieve Them - Clarifications.

• 7.1.4 Environment for the Operation of
Processes (and not work environment) -
Clarifications.

• 6.3 Planning of Changes and 8.5.6 Control of
Changes - New Manage the Change Process.

• 7.1.6 Organizational Knowledge - New.

• 7.5 Documented Information - New.

• 8.1 Operational Control - removal of
statistical techniques.

• 8.3 Design and Development of Products
and Services - removal of sub clauses
Design Verification and Design Validation.
Removal of Preventive Action.

kzachawk

Involved In Discussions
My interpretation of the DIS is that its intention is for public comment, therefore if ISO does not release the MSS into the public, then its by default a private document which is not intended for public comment. (i.e. a Communication Non-Conformance related to External interested parties under their own prescribed requirement).

Second there are a vase array of definitions and intentions within the standard which are not part of the initial 7 clauses of requirements. There are also external definitions and intentions which are mentioned elsewhere in the definitions and appendixes which those intending to meet the requirements will want to know (i.e. ISO 31000, Guide 73, and the ISO 1000 series of guides as well as auditing 19011), This plethora of reference documents referenced within the MSS, identify the intent of the prescribed requirements, found within ISO 9001

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
If exclusion is no longer allowed in ISO9001:2015, should I advise our Senior Management to adapt a Corporate ISO9001 certificate? Under the olde version, the scope of ISO9001 was for Manufacturing facility only. We excluded Design. Sales, Planning, Customer Service were conducted at remote location in the Corporate Head Office. Please advice. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom