ISO 9001:2015 Gap Analysis - In-House or 3rd Party?

S

SDavenport

Hi, all. :bigwave:

This may be a silly question, but does the ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015 Gap Analysis have to be conducted by a third party or can it be completed in-house prior to my Internal Audit?

Help, please. :)

Thanks in advance!

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource

This may be a silly question, but does the ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015 Gap Analysis have to be conducted by a third party or can it be completed in-house prior to my Internal Audit?

Thanks in advance!

It's probably one of the first things most companies start with before making the transition. Most will do it internally, or hire a consultant to help.

qualprod

Trusted Information Resource
If you have people with competency, you can do it, if unsure, hire an external, no big deal, nowadays, is clearly identified differences in 2015 vs 2008.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions

Thanks in advance!

You should do one your self but most registrar have an upgraded checklist that they fill out to demonstrate that they have verified the requirements to the standards.

NOTE: internal GAP analysis is nice but not required.

AndyN

Moved On

Thanks in advance!

You don't only need a gap analysis, you need an implementation plan to close the gaps before you do internal audits! Moreover, it's the "relationship" i.e internal, 3rd party, it's about finding someone who knows what they're talking about - and so far, you may not have anyone internally, your CB auditors may not either (from recent experience with findings!) so maybe , just maybe, an experienced consultant is what you really need...

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Understanding the standard in its right perspective + tips from this forum will do you good .... Best of Luck

Top Bottom