ISO 9001 Certificate with EXCLUSIONS Statement

A

AdamEve

Hi there everybody,

Good day.

I wish to see any ISO 9001:2008 certificate with "exclusions" statement.

Or how does the "exclusions" are stated in the ISO 9001:2008 certificate?

Thanks.

Note:
If you can share me a sample of certificate with "exclusion" statement, I will appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Big Jim

Admin
Re: ISO 9001 Certificate with EXCLUSIONS

Typically the scope statement on the certificate doesn't show the exclusions. It is the other way around. The scope statement shows what you do, not what you don't do.

For example a scope statement for a company that designs, makes, and sells widgets may say:

Design, Manufacture, and Sales of Widgets to the Widget Industry

If the same company does not do design, their scope statement may say:

Manufacture and Sales of Widgets to the Widget Industry

A

AdamEve

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your reply. Therefore I conclude that the example I have given is EXCLUDING THE "DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT".

However I have seen some ISO 9001:2008 certificates, which specifically mentions the exclusion.

Example:

The Manufacture, Sspply, fitment and control of XYZ for Materials ABC.

Excluding Clause: 7.3 Design and Development.

Again, thank you sir.

A

AdamEve

Dear Sir,

Good day again.

Error in my reply: I have not posted any "example" in my thread. sorry for that.

However, it is clear to me what have you posted.

Thanks again.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

Dear Sir,

Good day again.

Error in my reply: I have not posted any "example" in my thread. sorry for that.

However, it is clear to me what have you posted.

Thanks again.

See the attachment, from our TS 16949 certificate (which would be the same for ISO 9001).

Attachments

• 7.3 Exclusion.jpg
    7.3 Exclusion.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 268

Big Jim

Admin
I'm sure it depends on your certification body so for the best answer you should ask them.

I'll admit that I have not specifically looked for that feature on certificates where I audit. I'm mostly looking for other things.

It does seem as though the exclusions are not included on most that I see.

A

AdamEve

I'm sure it depends on your certification body so for the best answer you should ask them.

I'll admit that I have not specifically looked for that feature on certificates where I audit. I'm mostly looking for other things.

It does seem as though the exclusions are not included on most that I see.

Now, I realized that different CB has different way of presenting the certificates, some are specifying the exclusions, some are presenting it as if there were no exclusions, but when you read thoroughly on the "scope", it does not include the design and development.

thanks to all for your valuable input again.

Top Bottom