ISO 9001 Certification, School context - Students are...?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Or even interested parties.
Sort of. I think if you ask a student in the US, considering student loans, the student will consider him/herself the customer. I worked my way through college back in the day with a full time job (11PM to 7AM at the local state hospital), and didn't go to college until 5 years after high school graduation (I worked full time as an EEG technician and repair person). I came out with no debt. I also had a work-study job as the college greenhouse manager. I was one busy puppy and drank a lot of coffee... :read: I see news articles about people who owe $50,00 or $100,000 in student loans and shudder thinking about it.

Eredhel

Quality Manager
I think I'm with Marc. If a school provides a product or service to a customer who else would that be?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
For a school planning to be ISO 9001 certified, what should it consider the students as ...
...an interested party. But, more importantly, the school should realize the mistake of using ISO 9001 and use ISO 21001:2018, instead. :naughty:

Guidelines for Education Sector (ISO/IWA 2) - New ISO Standard ISO 21001.

Annex C of ISO 21001 is attached below, showing the different stakeholders for an educational organization. For any school, it is clear that the management of multiple parties expectations is very important, differently from ISO 9001 where the "customers expectations" are the preponderant ones.

21001 annex c.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Interested party yes., beside that, my outlook was a bit different from the ISO 9001 and from the Indian context.
Student in the school is property belonging to customer as in 8.5.3

Top Bottom