ISO 9001 Clause 6.3 Facilities and 6.4 Work Environment - Discussion

S

samsung

I know very well about responsible departments for it. but I need one sample for this procedure like how to justify for adequate workplace, good work environment etc.:)

Many things are covered under clause 6.3.
Infrastructure includes, as applicable,
a) buildings, workspace and associated utilities,
b) process equipment (both hardware and software), and
c) supporting services (such as transport, communication or information systems).

So, there can't be a single procedure that can cover all the above amenities. It will also depend on the type of industry / organization you are in e.g. service or manufacturing etc. Any manufacturing industry would have a lot of procedures on maintenance like Civil Maint. (covering buildings, roads, water supply systems, paintings, plumbing, drainage systems etc.), Mechanical (Plant & machinery maintenance), Electrical (maintenance of motors, fans, transformers etc.). Likewise there would be IT (Servers, computers, network etc.), Automation, Sanitary, Vehicles for transportation and the likes.

Clause 6.4 covers management of work environment which, in one way or other, relates to monitoring, measuring & complying with some regulatory requirements related to product. e.g. Workplace illumination, dust, temp., noise, humidity levels etc. These parameters could adversely affect the product quality/ requirements if not kept up in good shape.

So, you need to frame up a detailed (depending on your product/company requirements) monitoring, measurement & maintenance plan with measuring criteria and assignment of responsibilities. You may also wish to / need to prepare work instructions for carrying out different sets of activities depending on their importance and complexity.

But remember, infrastructure is site specific and as such you may need to develop your own procedures based on the above considerations.

Hope this helps to some extent.

P

Poonam_QA

Thanks a lot!!! This would really help me out to make the procedure.
Thanks again!!!

M

mazanav

Hello everyone!

Can i get to know the measuring criterias for each of these:- Workplace illumination, dust, temp., noise, humidity levels ?

S

samsung

Hello everyone!

Can i get to know the measuring criterias for each of these:- Workplace illumination, dust, temp., noise, humidity levels ?

If you mean 'specifications', then you should refer to the Health & Safety laws as applicable to your industry. There must be a table/ schedule prescribing what should be the level/ limit of each one of the above parameters.

Top Bottom