Iso 9001 Clause 7.1 - Advice needed

Jared

Starting to get Involved
Hello my friends,

I am struggling with an issue and would appreciate some advise.

An external auditor plans to look at ISO 9001 clause 7.1 in relation to the below 3 areas:

1) New office infrastructure
2) Hot desking
3) Human and physical factors

For me a lot of this should be covered by 27001 however she wants to examine the 3 areas in terms of the QMS and I’m finding it very difficult to show evidence where the Quality Management team review the 3 areas.
Any advice is most welcome

Jared

Jared

Starting to get Involved
Organisation suplies data solutions. All staff work on in-house applications via laptops.

Scope of the QMS is the company
wide processes relating to data management

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Hello Jared,

ISO 27001 is about information security. Clause 7.1 in ISO 9001 is about resources, but the questions I am seeing you describe are more about infrastructure for managing human performance in their tasks.
  • Office layout to accommodate he workforce
  • Adequate workstations for personnel, particularly if they share ("hotdesking")
  • Workstation setups for personnel performance: avoiding fatigue, noise controls, temperature ad humidity for comfort. Workstation ergonomics strays into the safety standard, but it is reasonable to provide workstations that support continued productivity through fewer avoidable losses due to injury.

Funboi

On Holiday
Contact you CB Operations and seek clarification of the auditor’s request and their justification, including reference to definitions or authoritative document which supports it.

Jared

Starting to get Involved
Hello Jared,

ISO 27001 is about information security. Clause 7.1 in ISO 9001 is about resources, but the questions I am seeing you describe are more about infrastructure for managing human performance in their tasks.
  • Office layout to accommodate he workforce
  • Adequate workstations for personnel, particularly if they share ("hotdesking")
  • Workstation setups for personnel performance: avoiding fatigue, noise controls, temperature ad humidity for comfort. Workstation ergonomics strays into the safety standard, but it is reasonable to provide workstations that support continued productivity through fewer avoidable losses due to injury.

Hi Jen

Thanks for the reply. The auditor told me the upcoming assessment will be under 7.1 resources and they are the 3 areas she will be looking at. I think I will need to provide evidence of a policy document and also quality management team awareness around resources fro staff working in the hot desling environment.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Hi Jen

Thanks for the reply. The auditor told me the upcoming assessment will be under 7.1 resources and they are the 3 areas she will be looking at. I think I will need to provide evidence of a policy document and also quality management team awareness around resources fro staff working in the hot desling environment.
What sort of external auditor is this?

Jared

Starting to get Involved
What sort of external auditor is this?
Hi Jim

The audit is for an ISO 9001 certificate. We get the agenda beforehand which is fantastic but I'm nit feeling too confident about about clause 7.1 in terms of the hot desking environment.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Hi Jim

The audit is for an ISO 9001 certificate. We get the agenda beforehand which is fantastic but I'm nit feeling too confident about about clause 7.1 in terms of the hot desking environment.
How did you find out what in particular the auditor was going to be looking for? Please give us the whole story.

Jared

Starting to get Involved
How did you find out what in particular the auditor was going to be looking for? Please give us the whole story.
So we have an external audit 2 times per year. The last one was April and the next one is due in November. We are told in advance what clauses are being reviewed and in what areas. So for clause 7.1 we've been told she'll be focusing on

1) New office infrastructure
2) Hot desking
3) Human and physical factors

From my point of view the iso 27000 nicely covers these 3 areas but I'm struggling to see where 9001 comes into play here.

Top Bottom