Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

ISO 9001 Clause 7.5 vs. QS-9000 Sections 4.10 & 4.19?

M

michelle8075

Hi Everyone,

I searched the forum, and I have one question. Are the ISO sections 7.5 "Production and Service operations (7.5.1 & 7.5.2 of ISO9001-2000) somewhat the equavalent of 4.10 Inspection & Test in the old QS-9000 w/ 4.19 Service thrown in?

I know that they are not the same, but it will help me if I have an example. We are moving towards 9K2K from QS and I am trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together. For some reason I have a block on section 7.5 and need some help.

Thanks,
Michelle

Antonio Vieira

Involved - Posts
Trusted
This seems to be a nice question:
Remembering what the standard states in § 3 - «Throughout the text of this International Standard, wherever the term “product” occurs, it can also mean “service”».
According to this, the title of the requirement “7.5 Production and service provision” of ISO 9001:2000, the word “service” means the same as it did in 4.19 of ISO 9001:1994?
Or it’s just a redundancy of the standard? :confused:

Service vs Servicing.........

is an old thorny issue when it came to sorting out the ISO 9001 87/94 versions, compared to the 2000 standard. Servicing, not service was covered in 4.9 and 4.19. The 9001 standard was written for companies who designed, manufactured and serviced their product, like Xerox did (do?). The 4.19 clause simply served to clarify the requirements in the context of a contractual arrangement. If you don't provide 'servicing' then product which comes back (from 'service') should be treated like non-conforming product (in my experience).

The folks who wrote QS clearly didn't understand this, since they confused 'service' (as in returned product from service) with servicing........:bonk:

Subsequently, the clarification of 'product' meaning 'service' came out since ISO 9004-2 wasn't much help to people in the service industry who were implementing ISO 9001 or 9002 requirements (mmmmmm; is there servicing of service??:confused: )

Andy
I hope this might shed some light on the issue.

Top Bottom