ISO 9001 Coordinator/Auditor Career

M

Mir11

Few Questions regarding ISO Jobs, please answer the following:

1).I wish to ask if ISO -Coordinator is a full job or a part time one? By part time I mean that doing one job and along with it also looking after ISO things of same company?

2) How to make a career out of it? ISO 9001, what are the other quality courses that one can do over the years to improve his credentials?

3) Is there any growth for an ISO Co-ordinator/Auditor in a company?

4) what is his future in this field?

5) Is it possible to switch from ISO jobs, to an HSE one? How? What courses are required? I have already done 9001,18001 and 14001.tell me more,Nebosh? more..

Thanks for reading the post, will appreciate a professional reply.

Regards,
Mir.

M

mguilbert

Re: ISO Coordinator/Auditor Career?!

1. I currently work as an ISO Management Rep. maybe titled as ISO Coordinator at other companies. At my company it is a full time postion as well as the Internal Auditor position. Are company has an umbrella certification so we have serveral facilities to audit and keep documents and data for. Much of the data we use is concerning product quality and other requirements and useful data to production. You may also be required to perform supplier audits.

2. There are many courses including Lean Six Sigma that may be useful.

3. As for growth it is infinite. You can go into production as a manager based on your knowledge of procedures and practices, QA Manager, Director of Compliance, etc.

4.This field seems to growing as more standards are always on the horizion. But they may mean more work piled on. You can also move onto being a external auditor. As the world becomes more standardized the need will only increase for auditors.

5. I do not quite understand this question but it may have been answered in #3

Hope this helps.

Best wishes on your career.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Re: ISO 9001 Coordinator/Auditor Career?!

1).I wish to ask if ISO -Coordinator is a full job or a part time one? By part time I mean that doing one job and along with it also looking after ISO things of same company?
Let me call it as the MR and it is wrong (IMHO) to be a full time MR. Even the standard mentions that this responsibility is additional irrespective of other responsibilities.
Certainly yes, when added with a core responsibility. When you are not responsible for any core process, you will be tossed around.
Brite.... not just created by being an ISO Co-ordinator/Auditor in a company.

DannyK

Trusted Information Resource

Few Questions regarding ISO Jobs, please answer the following:

2) How to make a career out of it? ISO 9001, what are the other quality courses that one can do over the years to improve his credentials?

In many small companies it is a part time position.

Making a career- It depends on the industry. The more regulated the industry the more important compliance to the standard is. There are many courses offered in auditing and quality management that can add to your credentials.

Growth-It is useful knowledge and is usually considered an asset.

Future-
The future depends on the industry that you are working in. There is always a demand for employees that improve systems.

M

Mir11

Hmm..tell me more courses,name some: NEBOSH, Six Sigma...continue please.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin

Hmm..tell me more courses,name some: NEBOSH, Six Sigma...continue please.

You could consider -

ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor Training (RABQSA Certified) from ASQ OR

International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA)

Besides having the Lead Auditor training, you can plan some additional courses - ASQ also offers lot of certifications - see "Find the Certification That's Right for You"

If you are based outside of US, your country will also have similar courses. Pls let us know if you need additional information.

Top Bottom