ISO 9001 Implementation and Applicability in the Gem and Jewelry Business

P

pinkgirl

Can anybody help me?
I want to know some information about
1)Are there any gem and jewelry business companies in the world that get iso 9000 certificate already? (also the name of company )
2) If there are some,which certification body
company that speacialized or popular in this business field?
If you know some information or the source of answer,please let me know

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Originally posted by pinkgirl:
> ...1)Are there any gem and jewelry business companies in the world
> that get iso 9000 certificate already? (also the name of company )

Not that I know of -- but that doesn't mean none have registered.

> 2) If there are some,which certification body company that speacialized
> or popular in this business field?

I would call a few registrars and see what they have to say.

A

Alf Gulford

Another possibility would be to go a site like Quality Digest Magazine and search by the relevent SIC code. In your case, probably 3911 (Jewelery, Precious Metal)or 3915 (Jeweler's Findings and Materials).

This site usually seems incomplete and lagging behind, but it's the only free search site I'm aware of. Does anyone have others they could share?

Best of luck.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
ISO 9001 Implementation in the Gem and Jewelry Business

I know this is an old thread, but with respect to the recent thread about ISO 9001 in educational institutions, I figured I'd 'bump' it as curious. I had inqueries about ISO implementation in educational institutions for years. Universities, colleges, high schools. World-wide. I believe there are some early threads in these forums - maybe imported from the old UBB forum software - where educational institutions were asking questions. Or maybe even back in the 'Old Forums' (the pre- June 1998 WebBBS text forums). I definitely remember e-mails about quotes for educational institution implementation projects in the late 1990's. But I don't ever remember anything like this.

Comments?

Randy

Super Moderator
Let me put it this way....I am in the process of planning a trip that will take me about 150 miles North of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada to a Diamond Mine that is 9K & 14K registered. :mg: :cool:

I supposed to do some internal auditor training up there in May.

Top Bottom