ISO 9001 or ISO 17065 required for an organization issuing 5 star rating certification of digital experience?

vardag

Starting to get Involved
A client is offering 5 star rating certification of digital experience of worth of companies on a yearly basis for a fee. Now it wants to go for ISO 17065 Certification of Conformity Assessment Bodies. . Does it need ISO 17065 or ISO 9001 or both?

Big Jim

Admin
I'm not familiar with 17065 but a quick google search shows that it is for organizations that want to be accredited to certify products and services.

9001 certifies that an organization has an effective quality management system and does not certify product or services.

Maybe someone else here can shed more light on the topic, but it appears that the two standards are very different with different purposes.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Digital worth means the level of offering a Digitally enabled experience that can be ranked as worthy of praise.
Does this mean like when you review a company and give a rating to something on google or tripadvisor?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
A client is offering 5 star rating certification of digital experience of worth of companies on a yearly basis for a fee. Now it wants to go for ISO 17065 Certification of Conformity Assessment Bodies. . Does it need ISO 17065 or ISO 9001 or both?
From the word "client", I assume you are a consultant to this organization. Around the World, there are a mind numbing number of "seals of approvals" and "certification schemes". Unless the creator and owner of the scheme decides otherwise, anyone can issue the badges, without any accreditation or recognition required. In the late 1980's and early 1990's, certification bodies were issuing certificates of conformity against ISO 9001 without any accreditation behind it. At the end of the day, all these badges, approvals, seals, medals and other fluff only have value if the users and potential users believe in it. To that point, I suggest you pay close attention to what a young Steve Jobs stated about marketing and quality. I also suggest you become aware of the work to be performed by the ISO/TC 290.

SCOPE
Standardization of methods, tools, processes, measures and best practices related to online reputation of organizations or individuals providing services or products, derived from user-generated content available on the internet.
Excluded:
  • privacy and data protection frameworks or security information standardization already covered by ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27;
  • management system standards already covered by ISO/TC 176/SC 3;
  • fraud countermeasures and controls already covered by ISO/TC 247;
  • brand evaluation already covered by ISO/TC 289;
  • customer contact centres already covered by ISO/PC 273;
  • market, opinion and social research already covered ISO/TC 225.

Top Bottom