ISO 9001: Question on Process Performance and Product Conformity

B

BAVIC

Hello,

This is my first post here... I am supporting our company's QMS group. I have a question regarding the Process Performance and Product Conformity. I am preparing material for the management review and noted that the standard calls for reporting on Process Performance and Product Conformity in Section 5.6.2. I am not clear what I need to present on this.

Can any of the experts please advice on this? Our company is a IT company with IT projects as the main area and supporting areas like HR, admin, etc.

Thanks,
BAVIC

W

Wilderness Woody

There should be no mystery here... this is the "are we producing results (output) effectively and efficiently?" big question. If you have data broken down to various discrete processes to highlight specific performance issues, great! Compare your output to planned goals and objectives to see if you are meeting or exceeding them or if you have to invest more into improvement efforts to get there.

B

BAVIC

Thank you for your response. I do have some metrics from each group and so that could be used. H/w, in some cases, the planned goal is a bit subjective. Things like customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, vendor performance etc. don't have a hard data point. But, I could subjectively evaluate the performance and mention how we are doing against the goal. I am assuming that should be OK?

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Thank you for your response. I do have some metrics from each group and so that could be used. H/w, in some cases, the planned goal is a bit subjective. Things like customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, vendor performance etc. don't have a hard data point. But, I could subjectively evaluate the performance and mention how we are doing against the goal. I am assuming that should be OK?

If they have been recording results without a goal in mind, I think that's okay for the time being as long as one of the actions going forward is to use that data as the basis for developing an exected performance goal. And that any future outliers to the goal are handled / discussed appropriately in the future.

Top Bottom