ISO 9001/TS 16949 - Standards to review - Booked to take a Lead Auditor course

Q

QualityTed

I am booked to take a Lead Auditor course in March and am looking for standards to review. As I am unemployed at the moment I am looking for leads where I could download or at least review the full standards for free.
Thanks ... Quality Ted:cool:

AndyN

Moved On
Re: ISO 9001/TS 16949 - Standards to review

I am booked to take a Lead Auditor course in March and am looking for standards to review. As I am unemployed at the moment I am looking for leads where I could download or at least review the full standards for free.

Can't do that Ted - they're copyrighted, sorry.

It's (somewhat) normal to get a copy with the course materials, since you have to go to the class with a knowledge of the standard. If you've paid for the course, why not contact your course provider and ask them for a copy? The course price is more than enough to cover that, normally.

May I ask why you're getting this training? And who it's with?

Q

QualityTed

Hi Andy,

I've been approached by a certification body to join their team as an auditor. Had my RAB cert a number of years back and I've always enjoyed auditing ... better to give than receive.
Going with QMI for the training.

AndyN

Moved On

Hi Andy,

I've been approached by a certification body to join their team as an auditor. Had my RAB cert a number of years back and I've always enjoyed auditing ... better to give than receive.
Going with QMI for the training.

Is it QMI out of Cleveland OH who are organizing the training - or in Canada? If it's USA, ask who the instructor is (I probably know them) get their number and call. They can probably finagle a copy! We always had one or two sent to class, if an attendee didn't bring theirs! They won't make a habit of doing it for sure!

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource

For the TS 16949 Lead Auditor classes I teach, we send a copy of the standard to each student with a pre-work assignment to complete before class. Hopefully they will do something similar or at least provide one on the first day of class.

You may also want to check out this thread:
http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=6442

Q

QualityTed

In Ontario, but that is a good point. I can give them a call.
Thanks.

AndyN

Moved On

For the TS 16949 Lead Auditor classes I teach, we send a copy of the standard to each student with a pre-work assignment to complete before class. Hopefully they will do something similar or at least provide one on the first day of class.

You may also want to check out this thread:
http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=6442

It's a pre-requisite of the RABQSA that attendees have studied the standard before hand. The course shouldn't be going over the standard in any depth! That would justify them sending you a copy.......especially since you have no-one sponsoring you!

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Ted,

Ask someone from your local ASQ Chapter if you could borrow the Standard.

The best way to learn the standard is to "translate" the clause(s) into the intent or purpose of the requirement and how this would apply to (for example) an organization. That way, it makes more sense to you. Otherwise you will fall asleep reading this thing.:D

I do have an ISO/TS 16949:2002 quiz that I can not post here, but I would be happy to share it with you. Look in my profile for my email address.

Stijloor.

Top Bottom