ISO 9001 vs AS9100 Gap Analysis on Delivery Performance and Document Control

K

Kamranabbasian

We are an ISO 9001:2008 CNC manufacturer and supply parts to AS9100 certified customer. One of our customers asked us to the ISO 9001/ AS9100 GAP analysis on Delivery performance and Documents control. I am not sure what are the steps and if there is any check list for this analysis.

Thank you,

Kami

Re: ISO 9001 vs AS9100 Gap Analysis on Delivery Performance and Documents Control

We are an ISO 9001:2008 CNC manufacturer and supply parts to AS9100 certified customer. One of our customers asked us to the ISO 9001/ AS9100 GAP analysis on Delivery performance and Documents control. I am not sure what are the steps and if there is any check list for this analysis.

Thank you,

Kami
If you have an ISO 9001 QMS, then the additional requirements for AS 9100 are the gaps! A copy of AS 9100 will let you see what you need to add to your system.

R

Randy Lefferts

Re: ISO 9001 vs AS9100 Gap Analysis on Delivery Performance and Documents Control

Hi Kam,

There is a thread that does a side by side comparison of the requirements, albeit a bit dated. It can give you a starting point, just be sure to review current standards. I believe it's the 2nd post in that thread.

As far as the gap analysis, there are a number of examples. At the top of the page is the lighthouse. If you look to the bottom right of the lighthouse you will see "Post Attachments List" in green. Click on that and just input keywords. I used "gap analysis" without the quotes and returned this.

Also, I found a file by using google that is a side by side comparison of Iso/Ts16949, AS9100 rev b and AS9100 rev c. If it's not permissable to link, it can be removed.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

Randy's attachment does not seem to have ISO 9001 in it. It compares AS9100 with ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 13485.

It is a great comparison and I'm glad he posted it, but for your purposes you would be better served to follow Andy's advice and buy the AS9100C standard. The enhancements are bolded and italicized, making it easy to see the differences, and thus where your gaps are.

E

Eloy Gomez

Randy's attachment does not seem to have ISO 9001 in it. It compares AS9100 with ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 13485.

It is a great comparison and I'm glad he posted it, but for your purposes you would be better served to follow Andy's advice and buy the AS9100C standard. The enhancements are bolded and italicized, making it easy to see the differences, and thus where your gaps are.

Can anyone tell me where does the requirement to perform a gap analysis comes from in AS9100C or ISO 9001:2008? I can't seem to see it.

When I performed my gap analysis from B to C - I just highlited the new additions and changes in my AS9100C and took it from there ensuring that we covered everything amended. No checklist and nothing formal. Is there a requirement that this gap analysis needs to be documented? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Can anyone tell me where does the requirement to perform a gap analysis comes from in AS9100C or ISO 9001:2008? I can't seem to see it.

When I performed my gap analysis from B to C - I just highlited the new additions and changes in my AS9100C and took it from there ensuring that we covered everything amended. No checklist and nothing formal. Is there a requirement that this gap analysis needs to be documented? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
There isn't really any such requirement, but it is sort of inferred that you need to figure out what your shortcomings are so you can correct them. There certainly isn't a requirement to document it.

Top Bottom