Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

ISO 9001 vs PMBOK (project management)

Hello everybody

Does anybody have experienced to include an ISO 9001 system to a business which manages projects (design and construction) by only following basic PMBOK practices?

The point is, what would be the benefit or advantage to implement an ISO 9001 as an umbrella, and under it to add the management project activities existing as a process.

Other question is , how will interrelate ISO 10006 ( ISO 10006:2017 ) and ISO 21500 ( ISO 21500:2012 ) in ISO 9001?
wonderful would be, if someone can share a presentation which refers this case.

I´ll appreciate your thoughts.
The company has 200 people.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Tagin

Involved In Discussions
The point is, what would be the benefit or advantage to implement an ISO 9001 as an umbrella, and under it to add the management project activities existing as a process
The company would have to determine what the benefits are. If the company is running smoothly and efficiently, and there is no requirements (customer/regulatory/statutory) to implement 9001, then they may not see a value in it.

That said, I imagine that ISO 9001 and PMBOK would work well together, since PMBOK is based on the PDCA approach, and PDCA is a central concept in 9001 (0.3.2).

Other question is , how will interrelate ISO 10006 ( ISO 10006:2017 ) and ISO 21500 ( ISO 21500:2012 ) in ISO 9001?
wonderful would be, if someone can share a presentation which refers this case.
I have no experience with these documents, so this is just hand-waving....I would look at how in-control or out-of-control the existing project mgmt is working. That is, from a risk perspective, is there existing or perceived risk that needs to be mitigated or opportunities (efficiency, etc.) to be gained by layering PMBOK with these additional ISO guidance docs? Once again, the company would have to determine what the benefits are.

Top Bottom