ISO 9002 in small business that provides telecommunications service

W

W MacReynolds

I am trying to achieve 9002 compliance for a company that provides telecommunications service at multiple 5 or so man operations throughout the company. Is it possible to provide the audits in such a small business from with in?

------------------

Randy

Super Moderator
Yes it is. The standard is set up so even a one person company like mine can apply it. Just maintain records of your internal audits and corrective/preventive actions like a big company does. The application of the standard does not recognize company size as a factor the way I see it.

------------------
Randy Daily

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I agree with Randy.

By the way, is TL9000 applicable?

[This message has been edited by Marc Smith (edited 19 May 2000).]

I

Isodug

I helped register a 5 person company in Libertyville, Illinois. They had a fabulous internal audit system.
On the last Friday of each month, They would audit two sections over lunch. All five were trained as auditors. As he audits began, four auditors would audit the applicable auditee and then four would audit a different auditee. As you can imagine the size of the company was small, and if documents were needed they were easy to obtain.

The company paid for a variety of lunches chosen by the auditees. It is a great program! And successful!

dave

I

isodog

By the way, internal auditing can be contracted. I do the internal audits for two of my clients. It's not ideal, but very cost effective.

Dave

F

Francesco

Our National System for the Accreditation of Certification Bodies (SINCERT) to a precise question regarding the smallest number of people required for a business for ISO 900X certification, said that 3 is that number.

I

isodog

If I comply with the standard, and have me and one other employee (2 total), on what basis can you deny me the registration? There is NOTHING in the standard regarding supplier(now organization) size.

dave

[This message has been edited by Marc Smith (edited 19 May 2000).]

P

Peter Hernandez

Hi all,

I'm a young Quality Manager in an Italian Company. I've found this site very interesting.
However, I believe that a 1 person business can be registered.

ISO9001:1994 4.1.2.3 sais that top management should nominate a representative, irrespective to other responsabilities.

This means that management and the representative may be the same person.

ISO9001:1994 4.17 sais that auditor and auditee should be independant.

This could imply that minimum required number be 2, but it is always possible to contract the internal audits. We could still discuss the fact that this type of contracted audit may not be "independant"

------------------
Peter

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Originally posted by Peter Hernandez:

ISO9001:1994 4.17 sais that auditor and auditee should be independant.

We could still discuss the fact that this type of contracted audit may not be "independant"
Contracted internal audits are widely accepted. I have not heard anyone suggest that a contracted internal audit would not be independent.

Top Bottom