ISO 9126 E-learning training course - Recommendations wanted

H

Herbert15

I'm searching a e-learning training, which supports quality manager and software product manager in the usage with the ISO 9126.
Any trainings known?
Herbert

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: ISO 9126 training course

This is just a bump in case anyone here has any recomendations.

Summary: ISO 9126 is an international standard for the evaluation of software quality. The fundamental objective of this standard is to address some of the well known human biases that can adversely effect the delivery and perception of a software development project. These biases include changing priorities after the start of a project or not having any clear definitions of "success". By clarifying, then agreeing on the project priorities and subsequently converting abstract priorities (compliance) to measurable values (output data can be validated against schema X with zero intervention), ISO 9126 tries to develop a common understanding of the project's objectives and goals.

The standard is divided into four parts:

* Quality model
* External metrics
* Internal metrics
* Quality in use metrics.

ISO 9126-1 Software Quality Model identifies 6 main quality characteristics, namely:

1. Functionality
2. Reliability
3. Usability
4. Efficiency
5. Maintainability
6. Portability

These characteristics are broken down into subcharacteristics. It is at the subcharacteristic level that measurement for SPI occur.

H

Herbert15

Good overview about ISO 9126 and I see Marc is realy familiar with it.
I would like to place an more open question regarding ISO 9126. Know anybody any training of this ISO 9126, or an training institute who offers this.
Thanks in advance.
Herbert

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

I'm actually not familiar with it. I just posted some basics to try to kickstart the thread.

Top Bottom