ISO/DIS TS16949:2002

L

Lety Broome

Does anyone know when a Draft version of the next release of ISO/TS 16949 will be available? The draft I'm referring to would include the requirements of ISO9001:2000.

R

Roger Eastin

The latest word is that the updated TS16949 will be out in spring 2002.

R

Rick Pike

Are all you Guys deaf? The question was when will the draft DIS 16949 be available. Even us morons outside the good old USA know when the 16949/2002 will be released. Come on guys, the silence is deafeningh

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Rick,

No we are not 'deaf'. TC 176 has the document in their hands and has not stated, as far as I (we?) know exactly when or how the document will be released. My understanding is that ISO/TS 16949 is supposed to be aligned with ISO 9001:2000 which is expected to be sometime in 2002.

A search of the ISO site, including tracking through TC 176's stuff, does not reveal any stated date for update or release. It is not stated anywhere I can find whether the 'release' will be a DIS or the actual standard. The assumption is it will be released as a DIS per the 'normal' ISO system of releasing standards, but I wouldn't count on it.

You might want to read:
http://www.iso.ch/iso/en/iso9000-14000/iso9000/2000rev4.html
and
http://Elsmar.com/ubb/Forum16/HTML/000066.html for fun.

http://www.transition-support.com is an ISO 9001 alignment matrix and there is some 16949 chatter there.

In any event, it doesn't really matter. The standard may 'just' be a technical specification, however there is an existing registration process and registrars 'accredited' to register companies to the new standard, such as it is. This is not the 'normal' ISO procedure for bringing a document online, as I understand it.

Also see *** Dead Link Removed *** where it in part states: "...The future role of TS 16949 is to be an alternative to QS-9000 and European automotive standards, such as VDA 6.1. The development of the international ISO 9001: 2000 standard will have a major impact on these automotive standards. Currently, IATF plans to release a second edition of TS 16949 after ISO 9001: 2000 is officially released. TS 16949 will then take over as the only automotive standard consistent with the new ISO 9001: 2000 standard..."

-> Even us morons outside the good old USA know when the
-> 16949/2002 will be released.

Well, then, do tell us smarty pants! If you have more specific information we sure would like you to tell us what it is!

R

Roger Eastin

You know, when I answered above, I didn't even think there would be a draft! (You folks outside the US must know more than I do. You're right because a draft would be normal ISO procedure.) Like Marc, I don't think there will be a draft. The timing on this update, I think, would preclude a draft. Look how long it took to go through the update stages of the ISO9K:2K. With the TS16949-talk having the update coming perhaps this fall, I think drafts would be out of the question.

S

ScottBagley

I have just obtained a copy of this draft but as of this post have not had an opportunity to review it however a cursory glance proves it's structure has followed that of the eight section of ISO9000:2000. This should be interesting.

R

Roger Eastin

I would like to see a copy of the draft as well. It's hard to believe it is going to go through the same sort of rigor that ISO9000: 2000 went through (CD, DIS, FDIS, etc). Anyway, Scott, if you have the draft available, could you sent it to me electronically?

K

Ken K

Marc, I kept on scrolling this thread top to bottom and I can't hear anything either. Am I missing something? ;-)

Top Bottom