ISO Guide 25 - QS9000 Interpretations

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Subject: QS9000 Rev 3 Help
Date: hu, 7 Jan 1999 15:57:00 -0500 (EST)
To: [email protected]

Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 12:48:39 -0500
To: Greg Gogates <[email protected]>
Subject: QS9000 Rev 3 Help

G25 Group,

The extra "guidance" that the AIAG provided on their web page (and you have a link to) embellishes on the original requirement, but does little to help Tier 1 suppliers unless they are willing to move to Europe.

Other members of this group have been keeping in touch with the AIAG and Plexus Corp. According to a Mr. Oddis of AIAG, a letter is being generated to delay the requirements of 4.11.2 (accredited labs) for some period. This was the word as of 11:15 EST, 7 Jan 99.

I know this doesn't help the QS9000 suppliers that needed an answer months ago, but there still appears to be some help in the works.

We'll all get to where metrology should be, sooner or later. Keep the faith.

--
Jack Gale, ASQ-CQE
ESSCO Calibration Lab
(800) 325 - 2201
[email protected]

C

Christian Lupo

I just received a letter from the registrar I am affiliated with concerning the requirements of Guide 25 in regard to QS-9000 lab certification. The B3 is allowing registrars to audit labs to Guide 25. the registrars will need to be approved (of course) and conformance to Guide 25 will be indicated on their QS certificate. Thus absolving the need to get in house and subcontracted labs A2LA accredited

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
have got the word as well.....for the time being, ISO-9002 registration with guide 25 written in as the system/scope is currently the way to go forward.

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
Latest update........the requirement will be ISO 9000 registration (2 now, 1 in 2000 release) with the considerations of Guide 25 written in. This is from my QS registrar, will be released publically next week. Currently the need for an accredited lab was removed until they sorted it out.....which this does nicely.

Top Bottom