ISO is certified to ISO 14001:2004 - What are their Significant Environmental Aspects

R

Reg Morrison

The ISO organization is certified to both ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 by SQS.

I wonder if anyone would know what are their declared significant environmental aspects and impacts?

For example, ISO is responsible for hundreds of meetings related to the working groups, sub committees and committees. If ISO had an "aggressive" use of information technology to create virtual presence meetings, instead of having people flying all over the world to attend face to face meetings, they would dramatically reduce their carbon footprint and increase the environmental performance of the standards development process.

Anyone here has an insight on ISO's declared environmental aspects and impacts? And what are they doing to improve their performance?

K

kgott

Re: ISO is certified to ISO 14001:2004 - What are their Significant Environmental Asp

Disclaimer; I have not seen the new ISO 14001 but in any event it may well be that traveling is a significient environmental issue for a company whose staff spend a lot of time traveling. However, I would run that past your management before I said that in writing. Having said that, it does'nt mean that you have to act on it either because management may regard it as unavoidable.

I know a lady (pretty girl too :cfingers:) who is a CEO of a mining company and she never negotiates a deal without meeting her victims eyeball to eyeball across the table so she travels the world all the time rather than negotiating with them via the TV.

P

pthareja

Re: ISO is certified to ISO 14001:2004 - What are their Significant Environmental Asp

The ISO organization is certified to both ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 by SQS....

[ what are] ISO's declared environmental aspects and impacts? And what are they doing to improve their performance?

Mission and Vision too!
How effective, and how well chased?

Does ISO 9 as an organisation) publicise initiatives and resuts to improve their performance, so made?

P Thareja

Top Bottom