qualprod

Trusted Information Resource
Hello everybody

While reading on internet,I saw an article regarding the PDCA cycle
which recommends annual plannings, where it revised interested parties,

vision/mission/quality policy, operational objectives, budgets, risk

management actions, documented information standards, milestones, and new

product/market/process introductions.

I think, if meetings were done, no doubt good results may be obtained.

I think there are several ways to implement ISO in the business, from
being very simple to a complex/complete way.

Most of the system I´ve seen are very simple, they really don´t organize

annual meetings for the planning, the only "planning" is when revise/modify objectives.
Acting like a "firefighters",when nonconformities arise, Ca´s, are implemented, audits are carried out, MR´s as well, budgets are not considered.
But I also have noticed that auditors don´t take a specific look to Annual meetings for the planing, I want to say that business I´ve seen are small (30- 50 employees)

What is your experience in this matter and if you recommend some practices?, please share

Thanks

tony s

Information Seeker
Planning, typically, has two levels. One is strategic, the other is operational. Annual planning is more applicable to the operational type of planning, although operational planning can be triggered when there are new products, new processes, or there are changes that need to be controlled. Strategic planning is less frequent. Usually medium to long-term plans result from strategic planning. To support an established vision statement, it pays to have strategic plans and objectives.

qualprod

Planning, typically, has two levels. One is strategic, the other is operational. Annual planning is more applicable to the operational type of planning, although operational planning can be triggered when there are new products, new processes, or there are changes that need to be controlled. Strategic planning is less frequent. Usually medium to long-term plans result from strategic planning. To support an established vision statement, it pays to have strategic plans and objectives.
@tony s
The strategic Is when objectives are evaluated, new projects, maybe another swot practice, and operational could be the planning of production ? Or more low level, for example planning some activities or having the traveler sheet(where people in production areas have the control of steps in the production), is it what you mean?
When you say new product a or processes, I see this more like strategic, don't you think ?
Thanks

tony s

Information Seeker
Tonys
The strategic Is when objectives are evaluated, new projects, maybe another swot practice, and operational could be the planning of production ? Or more low level, for example planning some activities or having the traveler sheet(where people in production areas have the control of steps in the production), is it what you mean?
When you say new product a or processes, I see this more like strategic, don't you think ?
Thanks
Strategic planning is more intended to support the "aspiration of what an organization would like to become" (definition of vision) while operational planning is more focused on "meeting the requirements for the provision of products and services" (see clause 8.1). Strategic directions as stated in 5.1 and 9.3.1 are outputs of strategic planning - thus a high level type of planning. Quality plans or control plans, even action and budget plans, are the typical outputs of operational planning - thus a lower level type of planning as opposed to strategic planning.

AndyN

Moved On
Hello everybody

While reading on internet,I saw an article regarding the PDCA cycle
which recommends annual plannings, where it revised interested parties,

vision/mission/quality policy, operational objectives, budgets, risk

management actions, documented information standards, milestones, and new

product/market/process introductions.

I think, if meetings were done, no doubt good results may be obtained.

I think there are several ways to implement ISO in the business, from
being very simple to a complex/complete way.

Most of the system I´ve seen are very simple, they really don´t organize

annual meetings for the planning, the only "planning" is when revise/modify objectives.
Acting like a "firefighters",when nonconformities arise, Ca´s, are implemented, audits are carried out, MR´s as well, budgets are not considered.
But I also have noticed that auditors don´t take a specific look to Annual meetings for the planing, I want to say that business I´ve seen are small (30- 50 employees)

What is your experience in this matter and if you recommend some practices?, please share

Thanks

It's what management review is for! Why have yet another meeting?

Top Bottom