ISO/TC 71 Business Plan - Concrete, reinforced concrete and pre-stressed concrete"

S

samsung

I have recently come across a document titled "ISO/TC 71 Business Plan - Concrete, reinforced concrete and pre-stressed concrete" which I have attached herewith.

What I wish to know is what this document is meant or used for. Or in what way this is or can be applied to any organization involved in 'Concrete Business'.

I searched the forum for related thread(s) but for no avail.

Greatly appreciating the response.

Regards,

Attachments

• ISO_TC_071__Concrete__reinforced_concrete_and_pre-stressed_concrete_.pdf
    169.1 KB · Views: 132

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: ISO/TC 71 Business Plan - Concrete, reinforced concrete and pre-stressed concrete

In my opinion, it is an invitation to key players in the industry and interested parties to join the technical committee and participate and contribute to its objectives.

Over in my place, you can even get a government grant to help defray some cost if your participation is accepted.

Perhaps those with involvement in TC's (I know we have some) can enlighten us further.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: ISO/TC 71 Business Plan - Concrete, reinforced concrete and pre-stressed concrete

The ISO TC 71 working area can be accessed here.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource

Interesting document, interesting website, good presentations such as the one from HBRC (Egypt). A side note, HBRC has I believe six accredited test labs.

The ISO document attached discusses standardization of test standards and discusses codes among other things.

In truth the test standards in use are already fairly standardized with the BS and ASTM standards having similar methodology, just slightly different specifications. Codes are also becoming much more standardized with adoptions by many countries of the International series of Codes published by the International Code Council (ICC). www.iccsafe.org

Put another way, the goal of the Committee is good, but a lot of the work is already underway external to the Committee, so the contributions of the Committee become unclear. Still, something to watch.

Top Bottom