ISO Training Providers to fix careless workers?

Quality_Goblin

Involved In Discussions
Does anyone know of any groups that provide ISO training to companies? I am wondering if having an outside representative come and explain why following the ISO standards are really important to our values and business, the machinists this will help change the behavior of some careless workers.

Quality_Goblin

Involved In Discussions
If you have careless workers, you have a dysfunctional corporate culture, derelict management and no amount of training, internal or external will ever fix that.
That's a really valid point. I think management needs to step up their game and disciplinary actions.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Does anyone know of any groups that provide ISO training to companies? I am wondering if having an outside representative come and explain why following the ISO standards are really important to our values and business, the machinists this will help change the behavior of some careless workers.

Leadership can change careless behavior, not sure that learning ISO standards will.

Care about the requirements is an oft neglected part of work (a vital control).

Do your senior managers show any interest in addressing this themselves?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Very few people are aware of an ISO Guidance Document related to fostering people engagement in the quality system, ISO 10018:2020. So, be aware it exists, but and once again, without a healthy corporate culture towards modern quality management, no standard will improve things.

ISO+10018-2020.jpg

Quality_Goblin

Involved In Discussions
I'd be careful with the quick-trigger on disciplinary actions. If that's the first response, you will likely create (more) distrust between staff and management. And you may find that the problems don't actually lie with the workers.
I definitely agree. I've only been with this company a year, and from what I have seen and been told is that there have not been any disciplinary actions for any bad behavior in the past. I don't think that management should jump the gun and start firing people at all. In fact, they are going to start doing Gemba Walks to see where some other underlying issues are. Management wants to take a more holistic approach to fix the problem. I am also trying to figure out how in my position as Training Coordinator, I can help implement these ideas into actions.

contigo123

Involved In Discussions
Very few people are aware of an ISO Guidance Document related to fostering people engagement in the quality system, ISO 10018:2020. So, be aware it exists, but and once again, without a healthy corporate culture towards modern quality management, no standard will improve things.

I wasn't aware of this ISO standard. Is it useful enough to purchase? Does it provide specific methods or is it generic?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Is it useful enough to purchase?
If you click on the picture of the cover I posted earlier, you are taken to a preview page and you might peruse the ToC, introduction, scope, etc....to see if you believe the document could be beneficial. As with most ISO guidance standards, it depends a lot on the organization's culture.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
As others have noted, the old "the beatings will continue until the workers improve" method of "improvement" is probably not the route to take.

Also, I can't see why you need an outside person to explain to the workers why following your QMS is important.

And don't call them Gemba Walks (or use terms like kaizen or muda, etc.). Forget the use of Japanese terminology. Speak to the employees in plain, clear language Earn their respect and you will get buy-in. If you don't, discipline or outside speakers/trainers will not fix your problems.

JMO.

Top Bottom