ISO/TS 16949:2002 Lead Auditor Training

G

Gaby

Hello everybody!!!

I need your advice. I'm currently an ISO 9001:2000 Lead Auditor and ISO/TS16949:2002 Internal Auditor, experienced only performing internal audits (and sometimes second-party audits).

Since the company I work for just get the ISO/TS certification, there are plans to send me to take the "RABQSA-Certified ISO 9001:2000 Lead Auditor Training with AIAG ISO/TS 16949:2002 Supplier Auditor Certification", could you please advice me what do I have to study deeply, besides the TS, ISO19011 and the Rules?

Thanking you in advance for your comments.

R

ralphsulser

Hello everybody!!!

I need your advice. I'm currently an ISO 9001:2000 Lead Auditor and ISO/TS16949:2002 Internal Auditor, experienced only performing internal audits (and sometimes second-party audits).

Since the company I work for just get the ISO/TS certification, there are plans to send me to take the "RABQSA-Certified ISO 9001:2000 Lead Auditor Training with AIAG ISO/TS 16949:2002 Supplier Auditor Certification", could you please advice me what do I have to study deeply, besides the TS, ISO19011 and the Rules?

Plus the core tools, APQP, PPAP, SPC, FMEA, Measurement System, all of which are available from AIAG.
If I passed it and so can you :D

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Are you talking about what to study for the class, or for your own organization's benefit?

In addition to what Ralph listed, for your benefit you need to understand the customer-specific requirements of your automotive customers.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
The class will provide all the stuff you need to study - I would not sweat about preparatory work unless there is some assigned to you to bring to the class.

I would come ready with an understanding of your customer requirements, and a list of specific questions you'd like to bring up. I brought in questions like how customer specific requirements control extends down the supply chains (1st, 2nd, 3rd tier etc), the argument about MSA/FMEA manuals being required vs. guidelines, and the annual/shift scheduling issue.

G

Gaby

Thanks for your replies, honestly speaking I'm kind of nervous since some of the people I know already took the training had failed at the first time.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Thanks for your replies, honestly speaking I'm kind of nervous since some of the people I know already took the training had failed at the first time.
When I took the training, the people who failed did so because they were not able to answer the written scenario questions on the exam. Things like "What thread(s) would you follow?" or "Is this a nonconformance? Why or why not?" are things that we had to be able to respond to adequately, to convince the instructor we could perform in an audit.

I don't know how it would be for your class, but you might ask the provider if you can have a list of attendees, so you can inquire how they liked the class. (That might not fly, as they might think you are trying to get test questions from them) The point is if there is a particular instructor who's just a real foul ball (I didn't much care for mine) it's nice to find out before taking the course!

Last edited:

AndyN

Moved On
Hello everybody!!!

This is the AIAG's training, I believe. The advice Ralph gave, plus what you've written here is fine. Especially the rules.....

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hello everybody!!!

Gaby,

Good advice given so far by my Fellow Covers.

In addition:

Before the Course.

Know and understand the "Process Approach."

Brush up on the terms:
- Octopus Diagram
- Turtle Diagram
- Customer Oriented Processes
- Support Processes
- Management Processes

Be able to "navigate" through the AIAG Core Tools manuals.
(The questions about Core Tools are fairly easy however).

Be familiar with:
Sanctioned Interpretations (SI's) and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)pertaining to:
- ISO/TS 16949:2002
- Rules
- (Look here)

During the Course.

Take good notes.
Pay extra attention to the audit "Case Studies", it will help you during the exam.
Team up with others. (You'll be working many times in teams anyway.)
Ask many questions, don't be hesitant!

During the Exam.
Manage your time!!
Don't read too much into the case studies because it can cost you time.

Good Luck my Friend! :agree1: :agree1:

Stijloor.

G

Gaby

Once again thank you very much to everybody for your replies, the information provided will help me a lot.

Stijloor, thanks for your detailed information! I won't have any excuse to fail the test with so detailed information that you provided me to prepare before and during the training and test. Thanks a lot!!!

I took a Process Approach training by Plexus last year, I need to review my notes and training material to remind about octopus diagram, in our organization we use turtle diagrams, so I'm a little bit familiar with them, do you know or remind if octopus and turtle diagrams are part of the test (exam)?

Top Bottom