ISO/TS 16949:2009 Compliance - Self Declaration Audit

P

Penny Treadwell

I was wonder what the process would be to audit to the ISO/TS16949 standard and publish a self declaration for potential clients.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: ISO/TS 16949:2009 Compliance - Self Declaration

You can declare your QMS ISO/TS 16949:2009 compliant at any time.
I doubt if automotive customers would go for this... :nope:

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
I was wonder what the process would be to audit to the ISO/TS16949 standard and publish a self declaration for potential clients.

Penny,

First, determine from your potential clients what level of management system certification they require:

A. Self-declaration of conformity
B. Certification of conformity
C. Accredited certification of conformity

If they choose A, you can declare conformity of your organization's management system by:

1. Selecting certified ISO/TS 16949 lead auditors who are not part of the system.
2. Defining the audit scope and audit objective with the leader of the audit team.
3. Ensuring the time allocated to the audit fulfills the IAF criteria.
4. Ensuring the auditees do not ask for advice from their auditors.
5. Correcting and removing the root causes of nonconformity from the system.
6. Arranging for the auditor to verify your verification of effectiveness of your corrective actions.
7. Designing the "Declaration of Conformity" (DoC) document (acceptable to potential clients) that defines name of the organization, the scope of the management system, the audit criteria (ISO/TS 16949 and any other criteria) that is valid for no more than a year after signing by the lead auditor.
8. Asking the lead auditor sign the DoC with its expiry date when the evidence shows conformity
9. Making the signed DoC available via your website.

But, even though you would put a lot of care into A, consider the possible damage to your organization's reputation for not opting for C above.

Best of luck,

John

M

milind dhakad

Re: ISO/TS 16949:2009 Compliance - Self Declaration

As per my knowledge , any automobile industry want Accredited certificate for TS 16949 QMS system.
But before going to the Accredited certificate, you can do internal assemsment as per TS guidelines as preassesment audit and share the same report even with CB .

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyN

Moved On

You might do your organization more harm than good. A self declaration might be viewed as being "cheap" or even that your organization is unaware of the market requirements for the automotive industry - as has been pointed out previously. As has been mentioned, ISO/TS 16949 actually specifies that supplier organizations should be third party certified to ISO 9001 as a minimum. Not doing so and attempting to attract automotive customers might allow them to conclude that you either don't have a copy of ISO/TS 16949 or had not read and understood it! Please be careful with any self declaration of compliance!

Top Bottom