ISO/TS 16949 internal audit scope and annual plan

F

Filip M.

Hi,

in clause 8.2.2.4 stand "Internal audits shall cover all management related processes, activities and shifts, and shall be scheduled according to an annual plan". My question, means that:
1). that ALL "related processes, activities and shifts" must be audit within a period of one (1) year (acc. the annual plan) ?
2). all "related processes, activities and shifts" must be audited during the certificate cycle, means the "related processes, activities and shifts" aren't audited all within one year but spread over a period of three (3) years and scheduled in a plan yearly issued (or a 3-year plan) ?
Thanks for a reply. Gr. Filip

AndyN

Moved On
Hi,

in clause 8.2.2.4 stand "Internal audits shall cover all management related processes, activities and shifts, and shall be scheduled according to an annual plan". My question, means that:
1). that ALL "related processes, activities and shifts" must be audit within a period of one (1) year (acc. the annual plan) ?
2). all "related processes, activities and shifts" must be audited during the certificate cycle, means the "related processes, activities and shifts" aren't audited all within one year but spread over a period of three (3) years and scheduled in a plan yearly issued (or a 3-year plan) ?
Thanks for a reply. Gr. Filip

Good questions! You have, primarily to meet the "status and importance" requirement. You don't have to audit everything within a year (but check your CB contract language first). Having an annual plan isn't necessarily the same as having everything planned out over 12 months. I've run TS internal audits without that.

What I was able to show was, that using the process approach and my "Football" audit planning tool, I could show that EACH and EVERY internal audit, I covered 60- 75% of the requirements! Indeed, my approach was even a recommendation made by CB auditors to their clients and I was asked to do their internal audits too!

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
What I was able to show was, that using the process approach and my "Football" audit planning tool, I could show that EACH and EVERY internal audit, I covered 60- 75% of the requirements! Indeed, my approach was even a recommendation made by CB auditors to their clients and I was asked to do their internal audits too!

Andy,
Can you share the football planning tool again? Thank you.

Top Bottom