ISO/TS16949: 2002 Lead Auditor Training organised By SMMTIF.

S

Shihan

Hi All,

I am going on an ISO/TS16949: 2002 Lead Auditor Training for first and second party auditors run by SMMTIF at Birmingham England.

Has anybody been on this course and what was it like, what was the test at the end like? Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Peter.

:thanx:

D

Duke Okes

Since Lead Auditor courses have to meet specific requirements, they tend to all be pretty much the same design. I would expect it will be a busy week, and the exam just differentiates between those who just attended versus those who actually understand what was covered.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hi All,

I am going on an ISO/TS16949: 2002 Lead Auditor Training for first and second party auditors run by SMMTIF at Birmingham England.

Has anybody been on this course and what was it like, what was the test at the end like? Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Peter.

Hello Shihan,

I can only speak from my experience with AIAG (Plexus).
Here are some tips:
1. Familiarize yourself with the requirements of ISO/TS 16949:2002 including the SI's and FAQ's (www.iaob.org).
2. Familiarize yourself with the "Rules 2nd Ed" including SI's and FAQ's.
3. Be able to navigate through the five AIAG Core Tools. My exam included questions about core tools.
4. I'm pretty sure that your training will include Octopus and Turtle diagrams. There are a lot of good references here on The Cove.
5. Explore the automotive process approach to auditing.

You're going to be very busy during your training. You'll have quite a few "home work" assignments.

That's about it. I'm sure you'll hear from others here at The Cove.
They'll chime in, trust me......

Good Luck with your training.

Stijloor.

S

Shihan

Thanks for the reply guys,

Looks and sounds like i,m going to be busy

and thank Stijloor for what I need to study.

Will keep you informed as to how I get on.

Peter.

S

Shihan

Just to bring you upto date.

I passed the practical but fail the writen test. Am going to retake it in September.
:eek::nope::cfingers:
Peter

wak125

Registered Visitor
I am also planning to attend the TS lead auditor course, can someone send me some preparation material especially on Turtle and Octopus diagram.
I am also planning to

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Just to bring you upto date.

I passed the practical but fail the writen test. Am going to retake it in September.
:eek::nope::cfingers:
Peter

Hello Shihan,

Sorry to hear that your (written) exam did not go so well for you.
I am sure that you learned from this experience.
Is there anything we at The Cove can help you with?

Just let us know.

Good luck with your continued studies and please keep us posted.

Stijloor.

AndyN

Moved On
I am also planning to attend the TS lead auditor course, can someone send me some preparation material especially on Turtle and Octopus diagram.
I am also planning to

??????? what?:lol:

On your query about the TS LA course, it's not absolutely certain that you will be taught the use of turtle & octopus diagrams, unless it's the AIAG/IATF (or associated) training. Many of us training providers mention turtles etc. but since the RAB-QSA requirements for course content don't mention the specific tools, you may not get much use of them. Indeed, unless you are intending to be a third or second party auditor, I wouldn't even suggest you attend LA training!

BTW - there has been, generally speaking, a 'backing off' from the TS auditors using turtles since their use has corrupted many implementations - see other threads in this forum!

Top Bottom