ISO/TS16949:2009 Lead Auditor Course Expectations

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi everyone,
I was sent by my company in ISO/TS16949:2009 LATC. What are the expectations on the said course? Will the said course would help me understand or in-depth knowledge regarding the TS requirements plus the linkages of core tools to TS?:confused:
Please advise.
Thank you very much in advance for the usual prompt attention you will give this request.
Raffy :cool:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hi everyone,
I was sent by my company in ISO/TS16949:2009 LATC. What are the expectations on the said course? Will the said course would help me understand or in-depth knowledge regarding the TS requirements plus the linkages of core tools to TS?:confused:
Please advise.
Thank you very much in advance for the usual prompt attention you will give this request.

Interesting. My understanding is that ISO/TS 16949 Lead Assessor courses are only provided to auditors who actually work for (or contracted by) a Certification Body. Even if you are admitted, I do not see any real value, unless you are planning to go to work for a CB. There is a Supplier Auditor version (which I took and certified to), that was OK. I needed this certification, because I train Internal Auditors working for organizations in the Ford Motor Company (and other OEM's) supply chain and conduct 2nd Party audits. The Core Tools portion in the course that I took was very, very minimal. If you're planning on going, learn the Standard and the "Rules."

Good luck.

Stijloor.

AndyN

Moved On
Lead auditor courses are NOT the place to learn about the standard! It's a pre-requisite of RABQSA courses (and IRCA I expect) that the student already has a working knowledge of the standard! The course is to teach you how to be an audit team leader of (typically) second or third party audits.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Lead auditor courses are NOT the place to learn about the standard! It's a pre-requisite of RABQSA courses (and IRCA I expect) that the student already has a working knowledge of the standard! The course is to teach you how to be an audit team leader of (typically) second or third party audits.
Correct, as always. :agree:

A Lead Auditor course is useful to learn how to interpret and apply the standard to assess the organization's management system. As a Lead Auditor course, its subject coverage includes duties the Lead Auditor will perform, such as opening and closing meetings, and reporting.

While these skills can be applied to supplier auditing, they are not necessarily intended to replace specific training for supplier audits. However, I expect the training should be adequate for performing supplier audits as long as you prepare specifically in terms of understanding what's expected in assessing those unfamiliar systems, and what your own organization wants to learn from the process. Careful preparation should enable success, but I would keep in close contact in as near to real-time as is practical as to optimize your visit's opportunities.

Raffy

Hi Stijloor,
Thank you very much for the information.. :)
Finally the training ended up last week and the said course was ISO/TS16949 LATC for 1st Party and 2nd Party Auditors (SMMT Approved). The said training was very informative and our tutor had shared his special knowledge with regard to the said course.
I must admit that the said training course is my first formal training with regard to TS16949 Standard, Core Tools, Rules and part of the Internal Auditor Guide. Though its very minimal, I've learned a lot from my tutor. :applause:
Best regards,

Raffy

Hi AndyN, :thanx:
I understand that Lead Auditor course is not a place to learn the standard, however, our top management decides that somebody from our group should attend the said course. I already attended this kind of course not for TS but for ISO9001.
As i said on my previous post, this is my first formal training, what I have experience is that most of previous training for ts is more echo trained that's why there are several missing links or shall i say some were added which is not part of ts :mg: during those echo training awareness for TS.
Thank you very much for the information you provided.
Best regards,
Raffy:cool:

Top Bottom