ISO/TS16949 6.2.2.3

bkirch

Involved In Discussions
According the the ISO/TS16949 standard 6.2.2.3, "The organization shall provide on-the-job training for personnel in any new or modified job affecting conformity to product requirements."

We had an audit finding against this standard, because we were not able to show evidence that users of specific job instructions were trained to specifically to those instructions. We are a company that produces several different part numbers. Our corrective action was that we created a form that is signed by a trainer and a trainee if the trainee is the user of a work instruction. We do this for all new employees, and we also do this if the work instructions is revised. Since we run several different part numbers and there are frequent changes to work instructions, this method of providing evidence is overwhelming and difficult to manage. I am interested on hearing how others meet this requirement. Are signed signatures of trainers and trainees required? Could we just create a job matrix and state that the matrix is the evidence? I am a little hesitant on just a matrix, because it wouldn't have the signatures. Thoughts?

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource
Are signed signatures of trainers and trainees required?
Certainly not required by ISO/TS, unless otherwise I am seriously wrong.

Could we just create a job matrix and state that the matrix is the evidence? I am a little hesitant on just a matrix, because it wouldn't have the signatures. Thoughts?

I would personally suggest an evaluation mechanism which, per se, is the evidence for On-the-job training. Regular product and process checks serve to evaluate the Operator skill and if need be with incorporation of some additional check points. Extent of evaluation depends on the amount of skill the process demands. Process like Welding and Painting might need extensive evaluation of Operators through observation.

Top Bottom