ISO/TS16949 MSA Requirement for Product Testing - Gloss and Grain Pattern

P

ppalm

Hi

I am confused.:bonk:
It´s clear for me that you must do som kind of MSA on the evaluations teqnices specified in the controlplan.
Say that there is an item in the controlplan for "processing foil" that says that you measure the gloss 1:sample/each batch. In this case its verry clear for me that the "gloss meassuring" shall have some kind of MSA studie done.

But say that there is going to be an uppdate the foil for, example new grain/pattern. This new "status" is testet/validated according to an validation plan in an internal laboratory and the internal laboratory measured the grain.
Shall the internal laboratory make MSA studies for such items?
On wich item can i as an intarnal ISO/TS auditor make nonconformity note?

Best regards Patrik

C

cuadra - 2010

I am not sure that I follow your argument but:
1- MSA is composed of several studies that allow you to understand if your measurement system is suitable for the intended application.
a) Gage R&R
b) Linearity
c) Stability
d) Bias

2- A TS certified company that has a test measurement device defined in the control plan (i.e. measuring product characteristic to assure conformity)
needs to have objective evidence and records of gage suitability (i.e. The measurement system precision and accuracy need to achieve specific levels of conformance).

cuadra

Last edited by a moderator:
P

ppalm

Ok: items in controlplan must be verified with som kind of MSA.

But where is the requirement for MSA on verification tests/measurements specified in an validationplan? This is also important even when the internal lab performes validations at early stages of an new/update of a product.

Or is so that an validation plan for etc "new grain on foil" is an controlplan for prelaunch ??

Regards. Patrik

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
This would be a good issue to take up with your customer. You should also be able to pose the question to your registrar. The primary requirement for MSAs is for gages on the control plan. However, different customers may have additional expectations.

Since you are now receiving answers, I will delete your duplicate post in the other forum.

Top Bottom