• Residents of the State of Florida in the United States are prohibited from accessing Elsmar.com, or registering in the forum.
    Elsmar.com ToS
Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

ISO9000:2000 and QS9000

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
--> Elberth Ardila wrote:
-->
--> I have a question about upgrade iso9000:2000. We are a QS9000 (iso
--> 9001) certified company, do we change the quality manual? is it
--> neccesary to doccument the process? how?, i thing the QS9000 covered
--> the new standard iso 9000:2000.

If you are QS I would wait for direction from your registrar as to their requirements. I wouldn't change a thing yet. I am not convinced QS folks will have to change anything for quite some time.

Anyone else have any insight or direct knowledge on this?

R

Roger Eastin

I heard that the QS folks weren't going to change their requirements for the ISO9000:2000 update - meaning they weren't going to issue another udpated manual. I think you're right, Marc. I wouldn't change anything unless asked to do so (and then I'd question it). For that matter, the CD2 for ISO9000:2000 stated that you needn't change your quality manual for the udpate, but only ensure that additional items are covered in your present manual.

D

David Guffey

My registrar is also saying do nothing right now. Too much is up in the air regarding the future of ISO 9000:2000/QS-9000/ISO-16949. The "Big-3" are not at all ready to make any final decisions.

Top Bottom