ISO9001:2000 Clause 7.6 - applicable to software services?

S

sathulan

Re-posting here as by mistake I had posted this question in another forum. Apologies.

Is 7.6 at all valid in a software services organization?
Can we interpret things like "test environment" to be covered under this clause? IMO, that would be addressed by configuration management activities (7.5.3)

Any inputs would be appreciated

TIA
:confused:
Athulan

E Wall

Just Me!
Trusted Information Resource
The first question is what standard are you using? Maybe it is just a terminology use issue...but 7.5.3 topic is Identification and Traceability (associated with product). I don't know what you mean by 'configuration management activities'. Clarification would be helpful.

If we're talking ISO 9001:2000 7.6 requirements and you were ISO 9001, 9002, or 9003 certified to the 1994 version you would have handled this under element 4.11.1 and 4.11.2.

If not previously certified (again talking 9001 standard) this clause is specifically looking at how your test equipment is controlled. i.e., Gauges, Calipers, Meters, etc...

Not having worked in Software services I do not know if they apply or not. If you do have test equipment, then I would presume this would be applicable. Otherwise you could justify an exclusion.

Hope that helped at least a little... Eileen
:bigwave:

C

Chris May

Sathulan,

I am not involved in Software (sigh..phew), but in my past I can recall a standard of sorts called TICKIT or TICKET (it was actually a "tick" symbol with the IT after it).

I may be wrong, but I think that this was primarily aimed at software development.

Regards,

Chris

C

Chris May

tickIT

Sathulan,

Just looked it up..............

It is in fact "tickIT" and a good site appears to be www.tickit.org

This might not be what you enquired about, but you may find it useful anyway.

Regards,

Chris

Q

qualitymanager

The guidance document on the TC176 website gives examples of how & what can be excluded:

http://isotc176sc2.elysium-ltd.net/1.2Application.doc

Example 3 (a law firm) is the relevant one, I think.

I think 7.6 is not applicable to you if you don't use (physical) measuring devices.

Let me know what u think,

qualitymanager

Top Bottom