ISO9001:2008 for Sales Office

S

siawwk

Hi everyone,

My new company is an affiliation to an overseas company, which is currently cover only activities sales, design engineering & technical support. Company's direction to obtain ISO9001 certification for this sales office. As we don't have manufacturing activities,

1. Are we going to be certified as site extension to our parent company (sharing same QMS) or to have our own QMS? Which one is more feasible?
2. If we are going to have our own one, how does the "product realization planning" & "production & service provision" look like? I have no idea cause we are not in production.

Thanks.

M

Moonlight17

:agree:Hey Siawwk :D
We have been in a similar situation to yours a couple of times. As the company has extended over the years, we have acquired businesses - sometimes large sites, sometimes small offices.
On all occasions our CB has audited them as 'extension to scope' so just the activities that take place at the site are assessed with an awareness of the whole system.
Planning, production, service provision etc etc.. are assessed at the applicable sites/head office.

Big Jim

Admin
You may be able to use the manual and other documentation from the main office. Start by getting a copy of it and becoming familiar with it and see if it is practical to bring your operation into compliance with theirs.

If not, start exploring what would be needed to modify their manual to fit both of you.

If you are expanding the scope of the original registration, it would not be ideal to attempt to have two manuals.

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Hi everyone,

My new company is an affiliation to an overseas company, which is currently cover only activities sales, design engineering & technical support. Company's direction to obtain ISO9001 certification for this sales office. As we don't have manufacturing activities,

1. Are we going to be certified as site extension to our parent company (sharing same QMS) or to have our own QMS? Which one is more feasible?
2. If we are going to have our own one, how does the "product realization planning" & "production & service provision" look like? I have no idea cause we are not in production.

Thanks.

It is permissible for your Sales Office to receive it's own certification, but that was not the intent of the ISO program. Your situation would more properly be classified as a remote support location to several or all plants, and certified with one or more of those manufacturing plants.

Top Bottom