Informational ISO9001:2015 Process Interactions

Crusader

Trusted Information Resource
Some thoughts:

Shipping does not output to customer satisfaction per se; it outputs to the customer. Customer sat is then a result of what they receive (and how they recvd it, etc.), via some means of feedback and measurement. I see the intent in how you have shown it, but it is rather....abstracted. It may suffice, or it may raise a flag.

Where are 4,5,6 addressed? E.g., do you have a risk management SOP to address 6.1, or have you woven risk mgmt into the rest of your system somehow? Where are quality objectives defined and communicated? How is context of the organization handled? etc.

It is not required to list the exact SOPs, and it may make maintaining the doc more tedious as your SOPs get added/removed/changed over time, requiring the process-interaction doc to be updated to reflect those changes. On the other hand, if there is actual usefulness that people get out of including the SOPs by name, then it may be worth it.

Attached is the diagram we use, and it has passed audits with no issue.

Re: Shipping stays there.. I will remove the Customer Input and Satisfaction blocks. I did not have them in there before and the interaction-thing passed the audit.
4,5,6: Manual and SOP's
Risk: No SOP for Risk. It is embedded in all SOP's, a separate Risk Doc that captures all, and the Manual.
Objectives: Manual
COTO: Separate doc and referenced in Manual
SOP-number referencing....I reference these throughout the Manual. So it helps tie it all together for newbies/auditors, etc. There will NOT be any more SOP's. In fact, I am eliminating some redundant SOPs.

Ahhh, Thank you for your diagram! And the reply!

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
This is our process in a nutshell. Will this pass an ISO 9001:2015 audit? The previous interaction is a few posts back....and what a nightmare. I want this as simple/basic as allowed since the only body to look at it will be a CB.
I very much regret that only the CB will see it. That means, just like for oh so many years, such an effort is made purely as a "dog and pony show" while adding z-e-r-o value to the organization. Why bother?

The standard says inputs and outputs must be determined as well as sequence and interaction, but no standard I have yet seen contains the words "process" and "map" next to each other. Over the years people have trained themselves and each other to think a process map is the only thing a CB will accept. I once reviewed a table with three columns: the left was inputs, the right was outputs, and the center described the processes and whom they served. The document was informative enough to help a new person understand the business from the very beginning.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
What about late (and early) shipments?
Late, early, damage, missing pieces, shipped to the wrong location... my clients rend their hair due to their (dis)satisfaction with shipping! FedEx has become famous for it. I had a client who had a U.S. map with a bright marker line zigging and zagging around a Midwest region. When I asked about it, my client described having identified that as the Midwest region of carrier XXX; their performance and customer service was so bad in that region they had contracted with YYY service in the area.

Kronos147

Depends whose metric it is. Shipping is more about processing time and errors per shipments.

If they get the part late from productio, it's their fault it's late?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Late, early, damage, missing pieces, shipped to the wrong location... my clients rend their hair due to their (dis)satisfaction with shipping!

That has been my experience with clients over the years. I even have had some that retained me to specifically help resolve shipping and warehouse issues. At one time FedEx was really good. Now days not so much.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
If they get the part late from productio, it's their fault it's late?

As far as a customer is concerned, the customer doesn't care why a shipment is late, or, in many cases, early. A supplier can not expect a customer to accept that excuse UNLESS there was a change by the customer which was the cause, or part of the cause. I can remember clients who dinged a supplier for shipment(s) that arrived early. Often they would tell the truck to park and wait because the truck was early.

Crusader

I love all of you. :love: I love the Elsmar Cove participants. I miss being here more often. Thanks for all the interaction...hehe get it? Interaction of processes! LOL! Carry on... this is FUN and very helpful !!

Kronos147

I can remember clients who dinged a supplier for shipment(s) that arrived early.

True JIT (Just In Time) means the bin locations for stocking is not available yet, which creates a problem. Automotive is big on early shipments being cause for a non-conformance report to be issued.

Tagin

As i said in my next sentence: "Customer sat is then a result of what they receive (and how they recvd it, etc.), via some means of feedback and measurement."

Top Bottom