ISO9001 QMS: Quality Manual Examples & Templates

MakotoMarcelo

Registered
Hi,

i used to work with a sheet for all complaints from customers. For each complain I describe if it was necessary a root cause analysis. For wich root cause analysis you have to define what actions are necessary to eliminate the problem. You can control all these actions with CAPA's.

It's a simple way to do this kind of work and I'm pretty sure that someone has other (and better) way to do the same! :D

CAPA = overdue actions / (overduo actions + on going actions)

Sorry for the bad english!

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource
I am a fan of a quality manual. It serves as a useful road map for the system.

Where else does the organization put their documented information in regards to clause 4.3 of the standard? That's often missing in systems without a manual. Low hanging fruit for an assessor.

"No, no, that's not a non-conformance, we have always excluded design. We had it right there in our manual.... Doh!"

4.4 Process map?

Company history and background that used to be the coolest part of the manual and now is somewhat diluted and superseded by the documents created to meet 4.1, 4.2, (and sometimes even 6.1 rolled in there). Where is that now? Just COTO\Needs and Expectations...?

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
As commented by others, there is no requirement for a quality manual as per ISO9001:2015. But you can still decide whether you want to make one and its structure would be completely dependent on your preference. Make sure it is short & functional so that it is easy to understand, implement and review.

You can refer to this link for a free quality manual, formats and procedures related to ISO9001:2015. I came across it while doing a google search some time back.

Big Jim

Admin
As commented by others, there is no requirement for a quality manual as per ISO9001:2015. But you can still decide whether you want to make one and its structure would be completely dependent on your preference. Make sure it is short & functional so that it is easy to understand, implement and review.

You can refer to this link for a free quality manual, formats and procedures related to ISO9001:2015. I came across it while doing a google search some time back.

Link doesn't work.

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
Sorry for that. Seems like the link is blocked by the server. Not able to paste it here.

Templates are available online. Sharing a google search I just did for quick reference.

(Please read the terms & conditions of those templates.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom