ISO9001 vs. TS16949 vs. AS9100 - What are the Differences?

N

NavMark

I've never found one that really met my needs, so I decided to create one of my own. I sat down for a looooooong time and created a spreadsheet (this is great stuff to do while sitting in airports and such). It contains all of the requirements side-by-side of ISO 9001:2000, ISO/TS 16949:2002, AS9100A, and DIS 13485. What I find is that it's very unwieldy at comparing the standards as a whole, but if I'm looking at a specific area it's much quicker than flipping back and forth between the standards. I'll post in a few minutes with another version...

thanks much! excellent work.

L

LauraF

Dear Howste
Thank you for doing the comparison ISO9000/TS16949. I am sitting with the two standards in front of me dreading the next 3 hours. But I googled ISO/TS comparison to just check, and I found your fantastic matrix for free. Thank you so so much. It is so good of you to post it as I'm sure other companies would charge lots for this info.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Dear Howste
Thank you for doing the comparison ISO9000/TS16949. I am sitting with the two standards in front of me dreading the next 3 hours. But I googled ISO/TS comparison to just check, and I found your fantastic matrix for free. Thank you so so much. It is so good of you to post it as I'm sure other companies would charge lots for this info.

Welcome on forum, Laura.
Here you can find good suggestion and support for quality matters.
Pls, allow me to make only a brief consideration given that you are working on ISO TS. I think that it is not properly correct to speak about comparison between ISO 9001 and ISO TS 16949 because the latter has additional clauses with regard the former.
On the other hand we could speak about comparison between ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001, in fact there is a cross reference matrix.
see you:bigwave:

T

TTMcT

OK, this next one is a much better comparison (IMO), but it's not yet finished. In this one, I took the same four standards and did a plain english translation of the differences. In the ISO 9001:2000 column it only lists the section titles. In the columns for each standard, it lists only the differences from 9001. It's completed through 7.3.4.

One of these days I'd like to finish it - unless one of you wants to do it for me and post it here again! :D While you're at it, why don't you add in 14001, 17025, and OHSAS 18000. :vfunny:
Hi howste,

Do you have an updated matrix for AS9100 Rev C and TS16949:2009?

T

A

Al Dyer

I reply here after the original post of 2003,

2003 Response 1: They believe they are right and want Money, Power, Control etc...
2003 Response 2: They believe they are right and want Money, Power, Control etc...

2011 Response 1: They believe they are right but have an ulterior motive.
2011 Response 2: They believe they are right but know no better and still want the control.

ISO, QS, TS,.... gave us a structure, it should not have been a business plan.

Al...

T

TTMcT

Ok; after all this time I thought it might be a stretch but thanks anyway howste. BTW - your original matrix was very good!

Tom

L

lisaqa

Did you ever finish the spreadsheet? If so, I would love to get a copy. Thanks for this time saving activity!

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Did you ever finish the spreadsheet? If so, I would love to get a copy. Thanks for this time saving activity!

Welcome to the Cove. :bigwave:

Are you referring to this post from howste? In a thread like this, with a lot of posts and some of them pretty old, it's a good idea to quote the post you're referring to (just hit the "Quote" button) so everyone can follow the discussion. :agree1:

Top Bottom