It is fair and legal to let a customer to make an assessment audit based on other cus

luciano

Involved - Posts
Dear all
I am working in a company which are first their for 2 very different customers (form different countries).
For 1 customer the SOP was years ago. For the second customer the SOP will be over few months. We are producing the same type of products for both of them (of course different specifications, requirements; but the same family of products.)
To be approved as a supplier the second customer have to make an assessment audit in our plant and he want to see the production line of the first customer (because his production line are still in construction phase and it’s not in house and the production process is not in place.)
We had explained that it is not possible, because it is other customer and it’s not fair to do this.
The reply was this: If you do not let us to make an audit on other production line I may consider that you fail the audit.
Probably they are satisfied to make an audit not on similar products, but is this fair for the let them to make an audit to other customer process?
How should I handle with this ?
Thank you very much for your support
God bless you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Re: It is fair and legal to let a customer to make an assessment audit based on other

You have to work with your second customer and find a compromise.

I have done 2nd party audits at a suppliers that are in the same situation as you are. We came to the agreement that I could audit the other customer's line, but could not take any documentation with me and some of the documentation that I used during the audit had areas that were "whited out", so that I could not see the actual dimensions, material specs and performance measurements.

You have to be very careful with sharing proprietary information.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: It is fair and legal to let a customer to make an assessment audit based on other

Kales Veggie is correct. ISO/TS 16949:2002, clause 7.1.3 spells out requirements for confidentiality. You may want to point this out in conversations with the customer.

Stijloor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S FAIR - If we have not produced a part in over 2 years, but nothing has changed AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
S New to FAIR, need help in filling it out AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
was named killer AS9100 FAIR - True Position hole out by .0011" on 50 parts AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 11
W FAIR to AS9102 additional documentation Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
R AS9102B - Do I need a new FAIR? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
G Change Of Location FAIR Requirements AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
Marc Fair Use - Brief excerpts of Copyrighted Material Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0
I Delta FAIR due to a Drawing Change AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
C AS9102 FAIR Form 1 Content Requirements AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
F 2 Year Part Re-Validation and FAIR Costs (Aerospace Parts) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
Q FAIR Requirement Flowdown to our PCB Supplier AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
C Customer Documentation Errors when completing an AS9102 FAIR AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
W AS9102 Requirements - What information from the PO should be included in the FAIR? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
T AS9102 FAIR - Customer Drawing Revision Change AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
C One sample piece from standard production? AS9102 FAIR questions AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
T What does an auditor review when auditing a AS9102 FAIR? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
K AS9102 - Tolerance Block on Enginerering Drawings to Form 3 of AS 9102 FAIR AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
R Charge (Fair Prices) by a Consultant for a traditional 510k Review Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
Mr.Happy FAIR Software Comparison II Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
W Is ITAR fair game for audit during AS9100 Registration AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 10
H FAIR Software Comparison (Discus/Inspectionxpert/Visual FAIR) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 21
Wes Bucey Sometimes life just isn't fair! -"workplace drones" Career and Occupation Discussions 45
Q AS9100 and FAIR (First Article Inspection Report) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
Wes Bucey SAE Virtual Job Fair - May 19, 2010 Career and Occupation Discussions 2
L 8.2.4.2 First Article Inspection - Does every new part that is run require a FAIR AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 13
Wes Bucey Is this a fair rate of pay for this job listing? Career and Occupation Discussions 4
J PCDMIS Fair Populating Software, Anyone Use It ?? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
J Auto Fair for 2008 Beijing World News 3
N AS9102 Internet Service for Producing FAIR's to AS9102 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
S Trainees backing out when it comes to delivery - fair to ask for commitment letter? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 38
9 Adding responsibilities and getting fair compensation Career and Occupation Discussions 20
A What should be filled in FAIR (aerospace engineering services)? Clause 8.2.4.2 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
A FAIR (First Article Inspection Report) for Engineering Services Organisations needed AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
C Notice Received from Customer Regarding PPAP's & FAIR's APQP and PPAP 8
Howard Atkins Initial sample approval guidelines - PPAP, FAIR, etc. for medical devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M New to aerospace quality and would like advice about FAIR requirements AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
Wes Bucey ASQ Training - Tough competition? Is it fair competition? Consultants and Consulting 14
Joe Cruse Customer ISO 14001 Supplier Requirements - Fair or not? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
J Do your own standard - I felt it was only fair to submit my own Registered Visitor Articles Archive 3
J R&R standards - <10% is good, 10-20% is fair, 20-30% is poor Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
R Point Cloud Technology Validation - Point Cloud to CAD model comparisons for FAIR General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
A Legal Manufacturer of a medical device Vs Legal Manufacturer of MDSW EU Medical Device Regulations 7
N Address of Legal Manufacturing Site in ISO 13485 certificates? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
A Donating sterilizing gel - Is it legal in Europe? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
A MDR Article 22 applicability - Legal manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 6
Q Legal Manufacturing Address Change – multiple registrations at same address 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
J Complaints and not the legal manufacturer? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 20
Ronen E Legal counselling and Medical Devices Regulatory Affairs Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
A What if Contract Manufacturers does not have an ISO 13485 certificate? Where will the NB audit take place, at legal mfg. site or contract mfg. site? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
G QMS requirements for legal manufacturer when outsourcing manufacturing process Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 22