IT management; What must I do?

T

Trolle

It could well be that today RAM size are replacing the old desk size as THE “incompany-powerindicator.”
I do feel a bit :eek: asking for help on this issue: What to put in the system in order to address the issue of IT management?
Yes I believe I could come up with some text of my own. But in this here company there seems to be managers here, there and everywhere who all have the most distinct notion on computer resources. So please, if I could build on some of your very impressive experience I sure would feel a lot more confident next time I’m heading for OK coral (management meeting).

Cheers!

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
IMO the scope of your question is a bit wide. Can you be more specific about your question? For example, are you concerned with specifying who is in charge of buying and setting-up IT equipment and what equipment they buy, or data security/firewalls, or software used for testing, or what?

T

Trolle

Mike S. said:
IMO the scope of your question is a bit wide. Can you be more specific about your question? For example, are you concerned with specifying who is in charge of buying and setting-up IT equipment and what equipment they buy, or data security/firewalls, or software used for testing, or what?

Sorry, I would like to be more specific. Obviously it’s all about the old ISO clause 6.3b. There will be a process, and ok I have an embryo but it sorely needs fleshing out. And yes all those cases you mention above are all involved and some more than others. But please note that it is not so much of a drama since all those items you mention are in place and in working order, well most of the time. Unfortunately, with some small tokens excluded this doesn’t show in the current QMS.

A specific question: what are the main issues of IT Management in your honest opinion?

Cheers.

Top Bottom