IT management; What must I do?

T

Trolle

It could well be that today RAM size are replacing the old desk size as THE “incompany-powerindicator.”
I do feel a bit :eek: asking for help on this issue: What to put in the system in order to address the issue of IT management?
Yes I believe I could come up with some text of my own. But in this here company there seems to be managers here, there and everywhere who all have the most distinct notion on computer resources. So please, if I could build on some of your very impressive experience I sure would feel a lot more confident next time I’m heading for OK coral (management meeting).

Cheers!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
IMO the scope of your question is a bit wide. Can you be more specific about your question? For example, are you concerned with specifying who is in charge of buying and setting-up IT equipment and what equipment they buy, or data security/firewalls, or software used for testing, or what?

T

Trolle

Mike S. said:
IMO the scope of your question is a bit wide. Can you be more specific about your question? For example, are you concerned with specifying who is in charge of buying and setting-up IT equipment and what equipment they buy, or data security/firewalls, or software used for testing, or what?
Sorry, I would like to be more specific. Obviously it’s all about the old ISO clause 6.3b. There will be a process, and ok I have an embryo but it sorely needs fleshing out. And yes all those cases you mention above are all involved and some more than others. But please note that it is not so much of a drama since all those items you mention are in place and in working order, well most of the time. Unfortunately, with some small tokens excluded this doesn’t show in the current QMS.

A specific question: what are the main issues of IT Management in your honest opinion?

Cheers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A ISO 9001:2015 Clause 9.3.2 - Management Review Inputs must be Documented? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 15
S Integrating a Multi-Management System - What documents & records must we have? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 6
G Must the QMS Management Representative be part of the quality department? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 23
D Management reviews ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
H AS9100 D - 8.1.2 Configuration Management for Build-to-Print Service Provider AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
A Management of change procedure for ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 3
NDesouza Management of Change (MOC) Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
BeaBea QMS/ Training Management Software Service Industry Specific Topics 4
S Searching for TOYOTA Floor Management Development System (FMDS) board Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
Melissa Risk Management Process, How far do I need to go? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 10
D Does Risk Management apply to re-labeler (MDR) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
H Risk Management Plan in agile process ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 14
M Design Control - Management of Electronic CAD files Design and Development of Products and Processes 14
G Organizing internal audit program for an Integrated QHSE Management System Internal Auditing 13
D Integrated Management System Software Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
S Change management with FAA Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 0
J Gauge Management - with ambiguous requirements & no support ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
C Quality Management System Question ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 32
C Quality Manager as part of Management - 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
D 4 M management Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
U Supply risk management Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
T Biological Evaluation (10993) & Risk Management ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 9
D Cybersecurity and Risk Management: Loss of confidentiality IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
A Purchasing Controls on Change Management of Literature/Labeling ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
normhowe "The Problem with Quality Management: Process orientation, controllability and zero-defect processes as modern myths" Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
C SharePoint Contract Management Software General Information Resources 0
John Broomfield Five ways to botch your supplier management program Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
S Risk Management Review ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
William55401 Distributed By Product - Best Practices for Configuration Management and Purchasing Controls ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
D Reports under change management | ISO 13485:2016 & ISO 9001:2015 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Le Chiffre Online training available for ISO/IEC 17021-1: Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
S Risk Management and other Files ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 8
Sidney Vianna Release of ISO 10013:2021, Quality management systems – Guidance for documented information Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
G Management Review (integrated system) Management Review Meetings and related Processes 17
M Unique Quality Management System for 2 sites ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Management review check-list Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
silentmonkey Overall Benefit/Risk Analysis - Risk Management VS Clinical Evaluation ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
M EMS change management ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
Aymaneh Medical Device Cybersecurity Risk Management IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
John Broomfield CIOB - Code of Quality Management Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
D Big companies suffer from quality management system? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
lanley liao What shoud i do if our company top management has been changed. Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 8
Ajit Basrur Corporate management standards ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
A 21 CFR 820 - Risk Management - Looking for some guidance US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
John Predmore Configuration Management as a process instead of a procedure AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
optomist1 Informational Training IMDS - Management of Product Chemical Regulatory Compliance RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 2
Pau Calvo Quality Management process is mandatory in ISO9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S Supplier Management ISO 13485: 2016- Which supplier needs to fill in a self assessment form? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
J Audit Checklist for Integrated Management System for ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001 & OHSAS18001 (IMS) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Sravan Manchikanti Software Risk Management & probability of occurrence as per IEC 62304 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 8