IT takes on a lot of elements

M

Martijn TVM

I got a small problem regarding IT and QS9000,If a system takes over tasks from certain functions, how can you verify it.

You cannot place the responsibility for providing planning information on the EDI and ERPII system. Placing it with the costumers buyer is also out of the question.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Martijn TVM (edited 23 May 2000).]

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
If you give us a few more specifics we can probably give you some help.

"...You cannot place the responsibility for providing planning information on the EDI and ERPII system..." Why not? I understand ERP (enterprise resource planning) to be software/hardware systems which (often costing millions of $) are supposed to give a company planning information.

M

Martijn TVM

It is hard to come up with a specific example, but a situation scetch: The customer's erp system receives an purchase order, followed up by placing an order with our company by EDI it automatically tells them whether delivery is possible for the given date, than our erp system comes into action detecting a shortage of a certain material, it sends an EDI message to our subcontractor together with the requested delivery date, the subcontractor's system tells us whether delivery is possible and a confirmation is send back through our system back to our customer, the customer can receive any problems concerning this order by email automatically upon request.

As you can see there is no direct involvement of personell in any of this. This system is not fully operational at this moment but will be within a month or two.

Normally most of these actions would be performed by a logistics employee, but isn't it strange to give some one the responsebility for something he cannot verifiy except by phoning the customer and subcontractor.

If a phone line drops or an email isn't received our planner gets an email automatically stating that, is that verification enough?

I find things like this a lot like dispositioning of material, document and data control, handling, storage etc. At the moment I give the responsebility for these things to the people who would do them when we would still be using paper, but I'm hoping for a beter solution,

If any body could response to this or has the same problem, just post it

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
If your system interacts with customers and suppliers (or one or the other), verification takes place after the system is up and running. You say if a transaction is not completed an e-mail (or other notification) is generated - that should be part of the verification, I would assume.

This is from someone who has not been involved in software for almost 12 years so I can't speak to the current state of the art in software validation. Sorry I can't help more. I do hope someone else has some experience with this - I'd like to know what is done as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Informational The FDA Takes Action to Protect Patients from Risk of Certain Textured Breast Implants; Requests Allergan Voluntarily Recall Certain Breast Implants a Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
AnaMariaVR2 FDA takes action against thousands of illegal Internet pharmacies US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
Marc Earthscraper Takes Sustainable Design Underground World News 8
D Document Revisions when a different company takes control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
C How Long it takes to Condition Pressure Gauge and Test Gauge General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
bobdoering Dr. Wheeler takes a shot at Normal-centrics Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
A Certificate for Foreign Government - How long it takes for an approval? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
tsmith7858 AIB International takes a Hit for PCA Audit Reports but everyone is impacted Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
R It takes a long time to check out the Work Flow Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
Sidney Vianna Honda Racing F1 Team takes environmental pole position World News 9
W Lean, Mean, Dream Machine - The Boeing 787 takes shape Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 9
G The ASQ 'Facilitating Continuous Improvement' course - Takes you thru the PDCA cycle? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
Marc Flight Booking Typo Takes Tourist 8,000 Miles Off Course Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 18
Crusader Design Control - paperwork takes longer than the complete design project! Design and Development of Products and Processes 8
C Date of Manufacture takes place over a period of multiple days Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 3
Marc Hacker Hunters - An elite force takes on the dark side of computing After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Marc Step by step, NASA is doing what it takes to 'fix the culture' Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 4
Jim Wynne Baggage handler takes an unexpected trip World News 5
Marc Sources of Cost Savings - Waste takes on many shapes and forms Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
J Sample size definition in an Automotive SMT pilot lot run Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
Q LOT or Serial Number Symbol not used when the information is contained in the UDI? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
D Supplied Product on Control Plan - Lot ranging in 40,000 pcs per product FMEA and Control Plans 3
Z Do we still have to put UDI if we have DI and lot number seperately on our product ? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
K FDA Lot Code format requirements Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
R Documenting Expiration Date Extension for a specific lot ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
S Lot assignment for secondary reference standard - Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
N AS9100 8.5.1 j) - Lot splitting - any loopholes? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 11
S Is Lot Number required in addition to UDI serial number? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 7
I Lot or Batch definition for IVDs Imported Legacy Blogs 0
N IVD Lot Numbers and Expiration Dates - 21 CFR 809.10 Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
J PMA Device - Lot # change in New ERP Software - What are the FDA Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
S Requirements relating to Serial Number and Lot Number Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
V 'Representative' Sample of the Lot for a Continuous Process Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
J Change in Lot Release Specifications - Definition of "Substantial Change" EU Medical Device Regulations 14
M Lot Numbers of Plastic Disposables in an LDT (laboratory developed test) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M How to Mathemetically Derive the AQL Tables given Lot Sizes AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 5
M Component Lot Number Traceability - Class I reusable and "resposable" Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
D Dual Lot Manufacturing requirements for Clinical Customers Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
R Why the FDA requests Lot Number in Testing Reports 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
E Is Design Transfer to Production be complete prior to Release of first production lot 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
G Validating a Process Based on Lot Release Criteria Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
U AQL, Lot Size vs Sampling Plans AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 8
Sam Lazzara Lot Release Testing versus Process Validation Studies Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 9
V FDA regulatory requirement on the lot number convention for medical devices US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
K Can I use ANSI/AQL for the Total Number of Containers for the entire Lot? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
H How to calculate the Lot Reject Rate Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
A How can a sample can give information about bad products in whole lot? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
M Pipet tips of the same Lot Number have different expiration dates Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
L Regulatory Submittal During 3 Lot Sterilization Validation EU Medical Device Regulations 1
C Statistics equation to determine the number of samples in a lot Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8