Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

ITAR and FAA Repair Station Security Planning - Visitors

• Thread starter DJ COMPLIANCE OFFICE
  • Start date
D

DJ COMPLIANCE OFFICE

My company had been granted certification as an FAA Repair Station. We are trying to get a security plan in place. We are trying to find out if the ITAR regulations have anything in them regarding visitors, visitor logs, how long we are to keep logs, etc.. I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Trish in the DJ Compliance Office

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
My company had been granted certification as an FAA Repair Station. We are trying to get a security plan in place. We are trying to find out if the ITAR regulations have anything in them regarding visitors, visitor logs, how long we are to keep logs, etc.. I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Can someone with ITAR expertise help Trish?

Thank you!!

Stijloor.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Thanks
As far as I know, not specifically. It is your responsibility to implement and make sure you meet the requirements of the regulation, which comes down to who can have access to the ITAR controlled information.

- logs are helpful
- completed I9 are helpful
- separate servers for ITAR controlled information
- have a security system
- prevent strangers from entering the building
- limit access to certain areas
- train your employees in ITAR and how it affects their job
- how long are you keeping records.
- identify visitors that are non-US-nationals
- keep desks / work area clean and organized

Top Bottom