It's How You Ask The Question - Details?

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Newsgroups: misc.industry.quality
Subject: Objective evidence
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 14:17:40 GMT
Organization: Sympatico

Going paperless, ISO 9002.
How much objective evidence is enough evidence of quality?
Records, to what extend?
Objectives evidence of activities performed or results achieved. Who
says how many papers I need to provide obectives evidences. How do
certifier knows when enough evidence is enough!
To what extend do we have to have procedure, is flow chart enough?
Comments welcome, I need a little.... HELP!

Any idea for best paperless software?
Thanks.Mike

-----snippo-----------

On 2/17/00 9:17 AM in article , sigy at wrote :

> Going paperless, ISO 9002.

Welcome to the club!

You might want to review:
http://Elsmar.com/ubb/Forum27/HTML/000004.html
and http://Elsmar.com/ubb/Forum27/HTML/000003.html

as starters.

> How much objective evidence is enough evidence of quality?

What part of 'quality'?

> Records, to what extend?

Depends upon the system and the intent. Training records? Records of internal audits? Records of inspection and test? Purchasing records? Shipping records?

> Objectives evidence of activities performed or results achieved. Who
> says how many papers I need to provide obectives evidences. How do
> certifier knows when enough evidence is enough!

The registrar's auditor has paradigms, as do we all. It is up to you to determine what evidence you feel is enough for any giving system and you must be ready to discuss your reasoning / interpretation. As with the above question, however, unless you want to be more specific it is difficult to answer. What activities? Inspection and test? Management Review meetings? Effectiveness of corrective actions? There are an awful lot of activities...

> To what extend do we have to have procedure, is flow chart enough?

Typically Yes...

Stop by the forums for more specific help.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Who should provide information I ask for? Internal Audit question Internal Auditing 4
ScottK Remember Auditors - It's all in how you ask the question! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
G Same parts but new customer - What will the auditor ask me? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
I Questions to ask when auditing for Organizational Leadership and Planning for the QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
A EC declaration of conformity - In the event clients ask for a copy CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 12
Ed Panek Website to ask FDA for guidance in Medical Device Industry? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
G Auditor watching tech do procedure - Can tech ask questions? ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
O Reinstating a disqualified supplier—questions to ask before making a decision Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
Q New Casting Supplier System Assessment - What technical questions to ask? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
E Ask for supplier control procedure which conforms to IATF16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
S What questions to ask in annual supplier evaluation? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Marc Some Questions an Auditor may Ask General Auditing Discussions 0
A Is normal for FORD EU ask for the PSW every year APQP and PPAP 5
L Auditing Top Management - Meeting Competency Requirements and Questions to Ask General Auditing Discussions 11
M Supplier Nonconformances - Key Points to ask a Metal Stamping Supplier Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
G New to Internal Auditing - Best questions to ask? Internal Auditing 17
M Is SPC required for Production if a Customer does not ask for it? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
K Almost embarrassed to ask... SPC UCL/Data Range Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
R What questions should I ask during Internal Audits? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
Sidney Vianna IAQG AS9100C Auditor Guidance Material - What to look for ? What to ask AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
E What kind of questions will you ask on a quality quiz? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 8
K Are these questions approriate to ask in an interview? Career and Occupation Discussions 11
E Interview Questions to ask a Job Applicant on a Second Interview Career and Occupation Discussions 1
L Top Management - Internal Audit Questions to Ask Internal Auditing 17
sagai Why never to ask favours from the designers Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 8
ScottK Just Changed Jobs - Ask me anything Career and Occupation Discussions 29
A Questions that auditor may ask during the certification or 2nd stage audit. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
A Final ISO 9001 Audit - What questions will they ask - Help and advice needed General Auditing Discussions 11
L Questions to ask a New Registrar TS 16949 Auditor Registrars and Notified Bodies 7
A Toyota may ask for $2 billion in loans World News 0
T How to ask probing questions during Audits..? General Auditing Discussions 34
W U.S. Auto Suppliers Ask Treasury for $25.5 Billion Bailout World News 0
T What would the FDA expect to see when they ask for our QSR? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 20
BradM Sometimes you just ask - Why, Why, Why? Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 13
P Quality Supervisor Interview - Questions to Ask Career and Occupation Discussions 2
E [Ask] Original Equipment Manufacturing/Manufacturer Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
K TS 16949 Calibration System Audit - What questions will they ask me? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
P Internal PPAP Audit - What should I ask? Plastic parts (automotive) TS 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
B Tips on Technical Things the Auditors might ask during an Audit General Auditing Discussions 15
A Does auditor have conflict of interest? Should we ask for different auditor? Registrars and Notified Bodies 12
S How to ask Leave from your Boss !! Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 2
ScottK Do people ask for raises anymore? Career and Occupation Discussions 5
S Trainees backing out when it comes to delivery - fair to ask for commitment letter? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 38
SteelMaiden Watch what you ask for at breakfast Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 3
L Audit Logs - What do you do when registrars ask for them? General Auditing Discussions 10
Jim Wynne An awful lot of money for a doorstop, if you ask me Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 20
A Internal Quality Audit - Can I follow the Auditors and Ask Questions? Internal Auditing 11
A Does your Registrar ask folks "Who's the Management Representative"? General Auditing Discussions 58
W Health Care Business QA - What Q's to ask? Service Industry Specific Topics 1
B How can I ask a customer not to issue CARs for trivial issues? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 17