SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

IVDR Medical device software

Tiffany88

Starting to get Involved
Hello fellows!

I would like to ask you about the IVDR and the medical device software qualification. My question is, when an APP uses as input data from a RUO or laboratory reagents, not medical device certified (or IVD certified). Can this software be a medical device software in accordance with IVDR?
How can I validate this input?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

yodon

Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't think you've provided enough information about what the software does. Is the software integral to the operation of your IVD device?

yodon

Staff member
Super Moderator
You still need to describe what the software does in order to determine if it qualifies as a medical device.

Tiffany88

Starting to get Involved
I'm sorry, seams I sent half of my message. I know this MDCG, thank you.

The software is intended to diagnosis using the in vitro data that came from RUO or laboratory use products.

Tiffany88

Starting to get Involved

Tiffany88

Starting to get Involved
You still need to describe what the software does in order to determine if it qualifies as a medical device.
I'm sorry, seams I sent half of my message.

The software is intended to diagnosis using the in vitro data that came from RUO or laboratory use products.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Informational EU – MDCG 2019-7 Guidance on Article 15 of the Medical Device Regulation (MDR) and in vitro Diagnostic Device Regulation (IVDR) regarding a “person re Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
M Informational Next meeting of the Medical Device Coordination Group (MDR/IVDR) – 20 June 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M Medical Device News EU – Medical Devices Regulation (MDR) and In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Devices Regulation (IVDR) – infographics Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
P Update on NBOG 2014-3 to address MDR/IVDR, or any plan to do that? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
R ELISA reader - IVDR classification EU Medical Device Regulations 9
M IVDR and Performance Evaluation Plan CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
P MDR/IVDR Annex III - Technical documentation on PMS EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R IVDR CE Mark for Class A products - Declaration of Conformity CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
M Informational BSI UK notified under the IVDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M Informational EU – Guidance on Qualification and Classification of Software in Regulation (EU) 2017/745 – MDR and Regulation (EU) 2017/746 – IVDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
dgrainger Informational MDCG 2019-11: Guidance on Qualification and Classification of Software in Regulation (EU) 2017/745 – MDR and Regulation (EU) 2017/746 – IVDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – First IVDR designated Notified Body – DEKRA Certification GmbH Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Watchcat MDD, MDR/IVDR, Working Groups, Expert Panels, MEDDEVs and Other EU Guidances EU Medical Device Regulations 32
M Informational Update – MDR and IVDR implementing measures rolling plan – 2 more NBs designated under the new regulations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational From RAPS – EU MDR/IVDR: US Raises ‘Serious Concerns,’ Urges 3-Year Implementation Delay Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
V CE Mark under MDD or IVDR - IVD company doing Virtual Manufacturing Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
M Informational Medtech Europe presentation – – Industry Perspective on the Implementation Status of the MDR/IVDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU MDR and IVDR Factsheet for healthcare professionals and health institutions Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational From RAPS – UK NB Will Not Apply for EU MDR/IVDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 11
M Informational EU – Corrigenda for MDR and IVDR published in Official Journal Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – April 2019 update of the MDR and IVDR implementing measures rolling plan Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Corrigendum for the EU IVDR Published Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Z UDI assignment Criteria Software IVDR Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M Medical Device News Team-NB publishes a press release regarding the designation process in the framework of the IVDR regulation – Regulation (EU) 2017/746 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News Last update of the MDR and IVDR implementing measures rolling plan – December 2018 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Manufacturer Incident Report (MIR) for Serious Incidents (MDR/IVDR) and Incidents (MDD/IMDD/IVDD) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
M Medical Device News New guidance sheets for the MDR/IVDR published EU Medical Device Regulations 0
J IVDR and MDR ANNEX I Requirements Template EU Medical Device Regulations 7
M Medical Device News MDR and IVDR implementing measures rolling plan EU Medical Device Regulations 0
bio_subbu CAMD published FAQs to the transitional provisions of MDR and IVDR EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Q New IVDR and Legacy Products EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M MDR and IVDR to be published May 5th 2017 EU Medical Device Regulations 14
S MDR & IVDR Introduction in late May 2017 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
P Retention Samples for medical devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
K Ground Bond Test for Class I Medical Electrical Equipment - calibration problems IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
S Obsolescence of the Medical Device in Various Countries Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
A IT-NETWORK in PEMS Sub-Clause 14.13 for Medical Device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
G Medical Device - Borderline/Definition EU Medical Device Regulations 0
S Medical device equipment calibration Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
P European Medical Device Nomenclature (EMDN) and CND EU Medical Device Regulations 3
S Reseller Request to Change UPC on Medical Device via Re-labeling Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
D Hand Held medical device - power supply requirements IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
E Medical device applicability to WEEE Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
A Medical First Article - Can it be a Delta? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
J Informal vs formal scope creep... managing non-medical devices through system processes ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Fjalar Spare parts for discontinued MDD compliant class I medical device EU Medical Device Regulations 4
H Medical Device Label Acceptance Criteria Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
J Calling a medical device a medical device (when it might not be one..) UK Medical Device Regulations 29
B Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) Book - Fundamentals of Medical Device Regulations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J In-house (NHS) manufacture and use (by staff) of non-medical devices.. any regulations apply? UK Medical Device Regulations 6