IVDR Medical device software

Tiffany88

Starting to get Involved
Hello fellows!

I would like to ask you about the IVDR and the medical device software qualification. My question is, when an APP uses as input data from a RUO or laboratory reagents, not medical device certified (or IVD certified). Can this software be a medical device software in accordance with IVDR?
How can I validate this input?

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
I don't think you've provided enough information about what the software does. Is the software integral to the operation of your IVD device?

Tiffany88

Starting to get Involved
I don't think you've provided enough information about what the software does. Is the software integral to the operation of your IVD device?
The software is a stand alone app that uses in vitro input, but this in vitro product is not ours

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
You still need to describe what the software does in order to determine if it qualifies as a medical device.

Tiffany88

Starting to get Involved
I'm sorry, seams I sent half of my message. I know this MDCG, thank you.

The software is intended to diagnosis using the in vitro data that came from RUO or laboratory use products.

Tiffany88

Starting to get Involved

Tiffany88

Starting to get Involved
You still need to describe what the software does in order to determine if it qualifies as a medical device.

I'm sorry, seams I sent half of my message.

The software is intended to diagnosis using the in vitro data that came from RUO or laboratory use products.

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
If the software is making a diagnosis, it's absolutely going to be considered a medical device.

Top Bottom