I've got new family

Randy

Super Moderator
Gotta share something with my friends. After my dad passed away in 1997 mom told us kids that we had a half-sister who was born in Syracuse NY after me and before my sister Pam. I won't go into great detail but my dad was her father. Upon hearing the news we proceeded to hunt her down and accomplished the task in 2009. My sister is Starla Brumfield and is currently in Virginia. I haven't met her yet but my mom, 2 of my sisters and a cousin have. Well low and behold her oldest, Curtis Brumfield has recently moved to NW Arkansas and is living in Buena Vista, AR. Curtis is the Logistics Manager for Sam's Club for all of N.America East of the Mississippi. Curtis is an attorney, and a medically retired Army Captain who had been serving with the 3rd Special Forces. Curtis survived a parchute accident from about 30,000 ft while in Central America a few years ago. Curtis is married to a beautiful young lady from Philladelphia, India Cowdery-Brumfield whose father is a retired Philly police officer.

Judi and I got to meet Curtis and India a couple nights ago in Rogers, AR along with their daughter Kennedy. It was mine and Curtis's 1st chance to meet anyone from the newly discovered families. We all immediately bonded and it was more like a reunion than a 1st meeting.

Anyway, here is the shocker that came out of that meeting...India comes from a police family, 1st her dad which I mentioned before, and then her brother Michael who was with the Baltimore PD. I say was because Michael Joseph Cowdery Jr was killed in the line of duty in 2001. I have a cut and paste from the National Law Enforcement Officer's Memorial about that....

MICHAEL JOSEPH COWDERY JR
Panel: 21-E: 22
Department: Baltimore City, Maryland, P.D.
End of Watch: March 12, 2001
Cause: Gunfire
Years of Service: 4.5
Description: Agent Cowdery, Officers Ronald Beverly and Tiffany Walker were conducting field interviews when they were ambushed by a lone gunman. Agent Cowdery was shot once in the leg, causing him to collapse. While he lay on the ground, the suspect fired several shots into Agent Cowdery's head. Officers Beverly and Walker were both wounded but pursued and wounded the suspect. Both officers have since recovered from their injuries.

In a roundabout way, Michael is my nephew

Anyway, Curtis and India are expecting a baby (boy) in Sept so I guess he'll be a native Razorback and Uncle Randy & Aunt Judi can spoil him along with our grandkids

Anyway I just figured so of this would be of interest

Oh yeah, Great Grandson Hayden is due to pop out any day now.

Attachments

• I've got new family
    IMG_1178.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 200

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
That is so epic! How interesting too, to find these common threads between the families. And Curtis survived a parachute accident at 30,000 feet??? Clearly he wasn't finished with life. Wow! They look like very nice people.

Randy

Super Moderator
Yep, he did. Both legs were broken, multiple skull fractures and some other stuff. Great guy and nieces don't come sweeter than India

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
It looks like a wonderful blessing to have found such nice family. A real gift. :agree1:

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Congratulations Randy. Gee, no one can tell whether you are proud of them or not. :lol:

Top Bottom