Job Descriptions for Quality Department functions Wanted

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
MarkJoel said:
Nothing has changed my mind, just looking to see what is out there! :bigwave:
More to the point. How many threads do you intend to start with the same question?

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Ouch!!

Al Rosen said:
More to the point. How many threads do you intend to start with the same question?
:whip:
We all get testy from time to time because we are frustrated from being overworked, underpaid, and rarely appreciated.

One of the most frequent complaints about Discussion Forums anywhere is that some folks think they improve their chances of getting better answers by posting an identical question in multiple threads. The reality is it usually just annoys the very people who are best suited to give a good, useful answer.

My usual practice when I encounter a flurry of identical posts is to simply ignore them (with NO ANSWER to any of them - note I am similarly not answering the original question here.)

To my colleagues, may I suggest referral to a Moderator versus a public lashing when you encounter similarly vexacious duplicate posts? Sometimes, it's just too difficult to determine if the multiple poster is just "completely confused." In such cases, it is better to let Moderators with the power to move or delete posts take over the chore.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Wes Bucey said:
:whip:
We all get testy from time to time because we are frustrated from being overworked, underpaid, and rarely appreciated.

One of the most frequent complaints about Discussion Forums anywhere is that some folks think they improve their chances of getting better answers by posting an identical question in multiple threads. The reality is it usually just annoys the very people who are best suited to give a good, useful answer.

My usual practice when I encounter a flurry of identical posts is to simply ignore them (with NO ANSWER to any of them - note I am similarly not answering the original question here.)

To my colleagues, may I suggest referral to a Moderator versus a public lashing when you encounter similarly vexacious duplicate posts? Sometimes, it's just too difficult to determine if the multiple poster is just "completely confused." In such cases, it is better to let Moderators with the power to move or delete posts take over the chore.
OK,:agree1: I mean't no harm. I didn't think it was that sharp.

"vexacious" (sic)

J

jaimezepeda

Wes Bucey said:
One of the most frequent complaints about Discussion Forums anywhere is that some folks think they improve their chances of getting better answers by posting an identical question in multiple threads.
Is it time to review how to go about posting topic questions?

I recall a similar discussion from the past:
Ckick here to view thread.

Other forums mail out a text file with acceptable practices when one joins the forum. However, that leves out guests from learning the ropes.

What can be done to help out new Cove members (and those old ones that have forgotten) learn the ropes?

Jaime

Top Bottom