Job interview - So I have to do a presentation on PPAP

Gazzachapps

Registered
Hi all,

Been lurking for a little while now. Some great info on here.
I’d like to pick a few brains for a second job interview I have coming up.

So I have to do a presentation.
One of the selections is based around PPAP. I do not have expanded knowledge of PPAP as my current employer does not use that exact system. Although something similar.

They have asked me to present on the steps of PPAP & how I, as a QE will manage each step.
I’ve done a lot of research and am aware of what each step involves. But to manage each step?
I am the customer so will be receiving the PPAP from the supplier.
Any help on what they actually mean by manage.
Apart from ensuring all documentation is submitted on time & any corrective actions for discrepancies. I’m not sure how I can go into each step in so much detail.
Look forward to the replies.
Thanks

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Hi all,

Been lurking for a little while now. Some great info on here.
I’d like to pick a few brains for a second job interview I have coming up.

So I have to do a presentation.
One of the selections is based around PPAP. I do not have expanded knowledge of PPAP as my current employer does not use that exact system. Although something similar.

They have asked me to present on the steps of PPAP & how I, as a QE will manage each step.
I’ve done a lot of research and am aware of what each step involves. But to manage each step?
I am the customer so will be receiving the PPAP from the supplier.
Any help on what they actually mean by manage.
Apart from ensuring all documentation is submitted on time & any corrective actions for discrepancies. I’m not sure how I can go into each step in so much detail.
Look forward to the replies.
Thanks
I would have a slide for each item and describe what you would do to verify that the item is acceptable/unacceptable. Use bullet points and have a script available. You will also need to have answers for how you interact with the supplier. You may be required to introduce the supplier to the process so this should be your first slide.

Gazzachapps

Registered
Thanks for the reply both.
The exact question is..

Please define each step of a PPAP process and how an SQA engineer can manage each step.

Are you saying do 18 slides for each point?

Bearing in mind there is also feedback required on managing audits & reporting on a previous quality concern.

I’m a little wary of having a 30 slide presentation on it all.
Although no time limit has been set.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Thanks for the reply both.
The exact question is..

Please define each step of a PPAP process and how an SQA engineer can manage each step.

Are you saying do 18 slides for each point?

Bearing in mind there is also feedback required on managing audits & reporting on a previous quality concern.

I’m a little wary of having a 30 slide presentation on it all.
Although no time limit has been set.
One slide per element. Bullet what you would do for each element. I would rather have more than less. I would think 15-20 minutes for the presentation.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
I don't see it mentioned above...

Who are you presenting TO ? Gear it to what their interests are.
Rather than just bullet points (though those are a good idea)...include also what makes it 'real' to those you are presenting to.
Always consider the audience, and tweak it accordingly.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
I do not have expanded knowledge of PPAP ...
Was PPAP experience part of the job requirements? If so, how did you address it in your résumé? If you go into this with no experience but have told the company that you do have experience, this will probably not go well for you, I'm afraid. As far as the presentation is concerned, all of the PPAP elements are interrelated in one way or another, so it's difficult to say how you would "handle" each one in a presentation. Don't look at the elements in isolation. For example, look at how Material/Perfomance test results are related to Qualified Laboratory Documentation.

Gazzachapps

Registered
Thank you all again.
Very helpful.

I did mention in my first interview that I am aware of PPAP, however do not have any experience with it.
Maybe this is a test to give me the research to see how I do?!
Like Al mentioned, this may be more about communication skills.
They’ve given me a week to prep. So far I have learned a hell of a lot in the last 3 days! Which is always good.
I’m presenting to HR reps x2, PUR manager & Senior quality engineer.
I’m relatively young still at 32, with 8 years of quality experience, I’m hoping they see more potential in me, as opposed to experience.
I’ve decided to use 3 slides.
6 points on each slide (18 total) with a kind of flow chart through each point. So starting with point —- definition —- how I manage it.
This does seem like a better idea.
It’s not much fun presenting about something you know very little about and have no real experience in. But it’s all a learning curve I suppose.
I’m using it as good experience.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
FWIW, I've been in a position in the past where admitting "I consider myself an expert to this point, I have learned to this point comfortably, to this point where I think I might know what I'm doing, and beyond this point I still have much to learn".

Read your audience...part of communicating is realizing that admission of ignorance is sometimes a good thing (but not always).

Good luck!

Top Bottom