Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Job interview - So I have to do a presentation on PPAP

Haha to be honest, the PUR manager had a very good understanding of the process judging on the last interview.
Would anyone be so kind to give me their interpretation of one of the steps?
In terms of what a QE would do.
This will hopefully confirm I am on the right lines.
Thanks.

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Trusted
On hand held now so a brief, partial, top level response:
1) consult AIAG PPAP MANUAL: contains roles and responsibilities
2) without exception (unless agreed to be OEM). tooling, personnel, procedures. Fixtures, etc....must be production intent
3) things such as “shift patterns, must be as required by OEM PO requirements

The one caveat for the above, customers can and do take exception to AIAG and PO requirements...so long as they are documented

On hand held now so a brief, partial, top level response:
1) consult AIAG PPAP MANUAL: contains roles and responsibilities
2) without exception (unless agreed to be OEM). tooling, personnel, procedures. Fixtures, etc....must be production intent
3) things such as “shift patterns, must be as required by OEM PO requirements

The one caveat for the above, customers can and do take exception to AIAG and PO requirements...so long as they are documented

Apologies, Not sure I’m following all of that.
The way I’ve started is that i will speak about each of the 18 elements and what I would do as a QE for each element.

E.g - 1. Design records - as a QE I would ensure all the Q points match on both drawings, ensure part numbers and revision level is correct. As well as the key characteristics.

So

Top Bottom