Job interview - So I have to do a presentation on PPAP

Gazzachapps

Registered
Haha to be honest, the PUR manager had a very good understanding of the process judging on the last interview.
Would anyone be so kind to give me their interpretation of one of the steps?
In terms of what a QE would do.
This will hopefully confirm I am on the right lines.
Thanks.

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Super Moderator
more specifically, "what a QE would do at each step or PPAP milestone, or what to present?? I've lost track here...

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Super Moderator
On hand held now so a brief, partial, top level response:
1) consult AIAG PPAP MANUAL: contains roles and responsibilities
2) without exception (unless agreed to be OEM). tooling, personnel, procedures. Fixtures, etc....must be production intent
3) things such as “shift patterns, must be as required by OEM PO requirements

The one caveat for the above, customers can and do take exception to AIAG and PO requirements...so long as they are documented

Gazzachapps

Registered
On hand held now so a brief, partial, top level response:
1) consult AIAG PPAP MANUAL: contains roles and responsibilities
2) without exception (unless agreed to be OEM). tooling, personnel, procedures. Fixtures, etc....must be production intent
3) things such as “shift patterns, must be as required by OEM PO requirements

The one caveat for the above, customers can and do take exception to AIAG and PO requirements...so long as they are documented

Apologies, Not sure I’m following all of that.
The way I’ve started is that i will speak about each of the 18 elements and what I would do as a QE for each element.

E.g - 1. Design records - as a QE I would ensure all the Q points match on both drawings, ensure part numbers and revision level is correct. As well as the key characteristics.

So

Gearman

Registered
New to the forum... i'm checking things out here, and see this thread and am wondering... how did the interview go? were you offered the job?

Gearman

Registered
Apologies, Not sure I’m following all of that.
The way I’ve started is that i will speak about each of the 18 elements and what I would do as a QE for each element.

E.g - 1. Design records - as a QE I would ensure all the Q points match on both drawings, ensure part numbers and revision level is correct. As well as the key characteristics.

So
did you get the job?

Gazzachapps

Registered
Hi,
I didn’t actually.
But the presentation none the less was great in which they were very impressed with. (That’s was 2nd interview)

I had a 3rd interview with the MD in which I wasn’t offered the role.

blessing in disguise really as I’m with another company now and that one has relocated.
Funny how things work out isn’t it

Top Bottom