Just starting out looking to get into a quality engineer position

D

dotwarez

What are some good entry level points for someone just starting out looking to get into a quality engineer position. Also would ASQ certifications as an entry level candidate do me any good ?

I finished my B.S degree from University of Illlinois at Chicago in Information Decision Science last May.

I am 29 years old and working in production at a small printing company and it is dead end. My degree was half business half IT and I live in Chicago but I would like to move to Wisconsin.

Wisconsin being a manufacturing state I believe I would have more opportunities if I pursued Jr quality positions in the manufacturing sector rather than IT.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

-Olaf

P

PaulJSmith

First off, welcome to The Cove, Olaf!

Aside from your career decision dilemma, you might want to take a look at the minimum requirements for CQE from ASQ (found here). Pay particular attention to the section titled Education and Experience.

I worked at a small printing company in St. Louis back in the mid- to late 1980s, and it was a dead end career even back then. That industry has been dying a slow death for a long time. So, I know what you mean.

That being said, figure out what you want to do, and do it.

Good luck.

Top Bottom